New North Table Mountain guidebook now available!

By Ben Schneider
From Westminster, CO
Nov 27, 2008
Ben Schneider

The new Table Mountain (Golden, CO) guidebook will be available as of Friday, November 28th! "North Table Mountain: Rock Climbs at the Golden Cliffs." It should be available for purchase Friday morning at Neptune Mountaineering (Boulder) and Wilderness Exchange (Denver). Bent Gate will also be selling it, but they won't have if for sale until Friday afternoon or Sunday at the earliest. This is our first book for our new publishing company (Fixed Pin Publishing - www.fixedpin.com) so please let me know what you think! We're super excited and think everyone will love the new book. Here's a few of the highlights: 100% comprehensive sport and trad, the new "South Quarry" area is included, 100% color description photographs, 10% of the profits will be donated to the Access Fund (the property owners) and an innovative navigation banner to help you figure out where the heck you are. Also, we chose to try to start our business with environmentally and socially responsibly printing practices, choosing to print domestically via sustainable printing and harvesting practices. See the inside cover of the book for more details...

By Dan Dalton
From Boulder, CO
Nov 27, 2008
Working the sick hand-jams on Stemwide aka Big Dihedral (5.8) at North Table. Photo courtesy of Scott Borger.

Yes!! Finally! Cannot wait for it!

By Kat A
From Bart and Lisa Ville, CO
Nov 27, 2008
Summit of Chasm View

Congratulations Ben and Jason!

By Dave J
Nov 28, 2008

I just picked up my copy from the gear shop and all I can say is wow! Nice work guys! I love the banner up top, you guys have really out done yourselves. Congrats!

By Adam Berger
Nov 28, 2008
Rebuffat's Arete on Rewritten

just grabbed a copy from wildyx - guidebook looks awesome, great work guys

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Nov 28, 2008

To anyone who gets their hands on the book. Take the time and read the intro & history sections, including the "Welcome to Walk" essay. I think it speaks volumes about the type of people, climbers and landowners, that can make access possible or impossible & is a great tribute to Mr. Peery as well.

I read it on Thanksgiving, and thought about something more I can be thankful for that day.

Plus, it is an entertaining and well-written section.

Ben and Jason, Thanks for turning out a good product.

By J. Fox
From Black Hawk, CO
Dec 3, 2008
Me too!

I just got my copy at Bent Gate last night. Very nice book...good work guys! In the past I've never had any idea where I was up there!

By percious
From Bear Creek, CO
Dec 3, 2008
Hanging out with some scooter trash.

dude, nice work. Ima try and get a copy TODAY at Bent Gate. I've been waiting on this one for a while.

-chris

By Cathy
Dec 5, 2008
Me

Ben, I just picked up your book -- super impressive!!

And I enjoyed reading your preface...it brought back memories of hiking up that old trail -- dripping with sweat while wishing my rucksack was a little lighter. But then again I was used to the approaches (or lack thereof) in the Garden of the Gods.

My trip down memory lane made me think about what I probably had in my rucksack back then: a 50m rope, a BD bod harness, some runners and carabiners, a figure 8, chalkbag, my stylin' Vertical Friction Loafers, a bottle of water, the Rolofson guidebook, and a couple of newfangled (to me) apple-cherry Clif bars.

Looking forward to getting out to Table and using your guidebook this winter on sunny days :-)

Cathy

By M.Morley
From Sacramento, CA
Dec 7, 2008
8-21-09

Looks like you guys did a real quality job with this. Well done!

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Dec 8, 2008
Lincoln Lake

Just got the new book, freakin' awesome. It has reinvigorated my love for N. Table. It's where I learned to climb so it has always held a special place in my heart, but I've strayed and I now look forward to going back. I gotta say though that I'm a bit disappointed in the sales clerk that sold the book. When my wife picked it up and was commenting on how much she liked the book, the clerk could only muster that "well I guess it's got some nice pictures". I can only assume that this is the same D-Bag that generally cops an attitude when I'm in this shop. Really uncalled for and disappointing.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Dec 8, 2008

Hope people have some syrup- these seem to be selling like hotcakes...
Seems like there is a "mass updating" in the area coming. This one, Bernerd Gillete's SSV book should be on the shelves in a week or two, then next come the new Flatirons book & Eldo... the Splatte Book is in process, etc...