New MP Lay out?????
   Page 1 of 5.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser
Any body else not into the new MP layout??? It seems way less organized (i.e. climbing news), the photo of the moment has horribly been taken over by the MP moto, and the giant map is really tacky....

Maybe I just fear change, but I was quite put off when I opened the page. Also why does MP need to use my location?

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Personal Photo
It asks for you location so it can center the map to where you are located.

We'll be moving things around a little bit in the next few weeks as we experiment with new content and layout options, and we always love to hear your feedback!

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Nov 5, 2013
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of ...
ahhhh! finally a familiar face. thanks monty. i went to do my rounds and got lost!

By limpingcrab
From Visalia, CA
Huge invisible muscles
I like it, especially the new forum posts up top. It was a little hard to find what's new for my favorite areas though.

By Rob Dillon
Nov 5, 2013
I don't like the words over the photo of the moment. Seems disrespectful of photog's intent, and the photo itself.

Map is way bigger than it needs to be to do the job. It also may not be the best tool for finding stuff. Informed users know how to click on 'Destinations', which are generally well-organized. Maybe just put the annoying map below the Destinations box?

By cfuttner
Nov 5, 2013
Wow, I opened up the new MP and got a face full of topless women on bikes with the caption "Show us your tit's 10-b". Interesting direction MP admin's. Very interesting.

By slim
Nov 5, 2013
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.
here's my feedback:

CTRL-Z

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
Mt. Agassiz
As a web developer / designer, I'm not opposed to change. But keep in mind that people are viewing this site on screens smaller and larger than 15.6"...While it looks decent on a tablet-sized device, it looks plain terrible on a 23" monitor.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
El Chorro
Yes indeed, there are boobies on the home page. Glad I wasn't at work...

By Derek Lawrence
From Bailey
Cocaine Corner
don't like it...
Also, don't like websites tracking my location in general... I've already clicked to not allow and to not ask again...

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
West Overhang
I am using a 13" screen and it's taking up way too much real estate. Maybe tabbing the map, destinations and route search box would make it more friendly; all 3 are providing somewhat similar functionality and IMO don't all need to be fully displayed on the home page.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser
slim wrote:
here's my feedback: CTRL-Z

HA! +1

You guys do an amazing job, but my pop's always said, "don't fix what's not broken."

By DesertRat
I like it, so far...

By Rob Dillon
Nov 5, 2013
"Also consider the way a user's eyes scan across a page. What's the initial focus point supposed to be? What's the flow? I'm just seeing...lots of stuff."

+1 for that. It's what was bothering me that I couldn't identify.

By Cor
black nasty
Yes, JLP is right! Thanks for all the ongoing work of this site!
I really enjoy when you remove JLP's comments. ;)

I did like the old layout better though...

By Clayton Knudson
From El Portal, CA
Nov 5, 2013
I don't need a map locator to let me know I live next to zero climbing, I'm already depressed about it.

By will smith
From boulder
Nov 5, 2013
Sucks so far, I don't like text on the pic looks to much like an advert

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Personal Photo
A comparison of the old home page (left) to the new one (right).

By joshua corbett
From Wolfeboro NH
My son
This sucks I want my old site back!!! I had a bad day and now it just got worse!

By Russ Walling
From www.FishProducts.com
Russ
Couple of quick things:

I'm looking at the front page... nice photo shows up over there on the left... clicking on it does nothing. It would be nice if the click took you to the route so I could check it out more.

The "comments" thing for my local areas was a must click right away on the old site. Now it is sorta hidden. What I'll probably end up doing is making the "comments" area the bookmark for the site and then miss the rest of the content.

Edit: also, the rotating pics, the ones I want to click on.... are cropped all funny. I'm getting dudes with no heads, random areas of rock, etc. They are not the full size images

By Perin Blanchard
From Orem, UT
Nov 5, 2013
Racking too much gear, as usual.
I don't mind most of the new layout, but I don't like not having the "favorites" box.

In addition, I don't like to stay logged in because:

1) I want to see the average stars on routes rather than what I gave, and

2) I don't like to see all of the edit links when I'm browsing (probably only really a problem for admins).

Now, however, after I log out I can't find anyway in the UI to reset my favorites.

Edit: OK, I've found the "favorites" area (I don't know why I didn't see it before - I looked and looked). Anyway, I withdraw what was really my only complaint.

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
Mt. Agassiz
New version, on a 23" (1920 x 1080):

How the new site layout looks on a larger monitor....
How the new site layout looks on a larger monitor...

EDIT: Worth a glance: Resolutions #1 and Resolutions #2

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser
Clayton Knudson wrote:

Ouch, sorry Clayton.

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Nov 5, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
I got really used to the site. I feel as though I've been bamboozled, hornswaggled and led astray. However, it's not a deal breaker.

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
John Marsella wrote:
I miss the "favorite area" shortcut links, too :( Clicking the photos should do something-- maybe bring you either to the route (as suggested above) or at least open the photo page like it did previously. Plus a little jiggering with AdBlockPlus on Firefox and the MP App advert pane and FB pane are gone... looks nice on the 14" laptop screen.

John,

My "Favorites" areas show up. Are you sure you're not just overlooking it? It looks different, but mine is there.

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
Mt. Agassiz
At least nobody is freaking out about the (relatively) small change to the forum... ;-)

Page 1 of 5.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>