Home Rentals near Red Rocks

By David Trippett
From Squamish, BC
Sep 9, 2010
Working out the beta for the FA of House of the Rising Sun, Hatun Machay, Peru

Does anyone have any beta for nice places to rent a home for the winter in Vegas? A bunch of climbers friends and myself want to spend the winter there and plan rent a place for a few months. A few requisites: minutes from the climbing(somewhere on the west side), pool/jacuzzi, 2-3 bedrooms, pet friendly, big yard and preferably a bit isolated from other houses nearby, furnished would be great. From what we've seen of rental prices in Vegas right now we should be able to find something nice for under 2000$/month. Does anyone know of the better neighborhoods in the area and can point us in the right directon? Thanks!

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Sep 9, 2010

Summerlin is the closest, but theres not anywhere real close to climbing you'll be able to get a big yard and isolation- probably no where in vegas for the isolation part- its tract housing almost exclusively except for the old parts of town.

You might try getting someplace in blue diamond- its small and far from town, but has the isolation and big yards and plenty of local climbers.

A good realtor should be able to help out. Just tell her summerlin and you'll be good to go- the summerlin area encompasses pretty much the entire area considered minutes from red rock.

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Sep 9, 2010
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

Also ask about "Mountain's Edge" off highway 160- a 10 minute drive up the road, and you're at the Black Velvet Canyon turn-off.

As John mentioned, mostly tract homes, and not very isolated, but Mountain's Edge has a lot of newish empty, and foreclosed homes where you may feel like you have a whole street to yourself, and it's surrounded by beautiful, open desert, and has nice hills nearby to walk the dogs.

By megaposer
Sep 9, 2010

I've got a house for rent in Mountain Springs. Probably not going to work for a short term rental. Would be great for a couple of climbers, hikers or mountain bikers. Check out the link. Somewhat flexible on the price.

lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/1939049949.html (apts/housing for rent)

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Sep 9, 2010
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

Mountain Springs is awesome! Rural, and like 3 minutes from the BVC turn-off, and has a rustic biker bar in town. Lots of cool hikes right out of town, beautiful, and forested at it's higher elevation. Close to popular back-country mountain biking trails. I just didn't think there'd be rentals there. Nice place!

EDIT: Screw the jacuzzi, and pool?? it'll be winter! If they'd rent short term, and I were in your shoes, I'd take it! Get some air mattresses, bean bags, and get a cheap folding table, and chair set, and the bare necessities for living, or rent some furniture, and enjoy the country life near Red Rock, and Vegas. AND has excellent well water- No nasty Las Vegas tap water...Life would be good!

By sqwirll
From Las Vegas
Sep 9, 2010
Cool snow formation at the base.

I agri with Gigi. I'd live out there in a heartbeat. I've been in the biker bar a few times and it's cool.

I think your biggest hurdles will be finding a short term lease and a furnished place but who knows. I live in Summerlin and like it a lot. You get a lot for your money here right now.

By alpinglow
From city, state
Sep 9, 2010

Rent my house.

About 5 blocks North of the gym.

Cimarron/Buffalo and Westcliffe.

You can have dogs.

My home is not decadent. 3 bed.2bath 1600 sq. Neighborhood.

If your good people. Short term would work.

Have to work it out with wife...prob about 1k/month

By Ed Wright
Sep 9, 2010
Magic Ed

Why pay rent? What with all the real estate problems happening in Vegas you can prolly find an abandoned house to squat in.

By Gustav
Sep 10, 2010

I have a comfy little spot next to some Red Rocks for you! ;-)

Nice profile pic.

By David Trippett
From Squamish, BC
Sep 10, 2010
Working out the beta for the FA of House of the Rising Sun, Hatun Machay, Peru

Gustav wrote:
I have a comfy little spot next to some Red Rocks for you! ;-) Nice profile pic.

hahaha! Throw in the waterfall and its a deal! Hey Gustav, how's it going?? How's Boven? Did you get a chance to see any of the World Cup?

By Adrian Hogel