Most routes led in a day at DLSP?

By EB
From Winona
May 21, 2013

I'm always looking for new challenges or link ups and was wondering what is the most routes anyone has done in a day. I know people like Eric Z. have run 100 laps on a route in a day, but I'm talking about individual routes.
-Most solos in a day
-Most Leads in a day

So lets have it interwebbers...

By KRiver
May 21, 2013

Refuge Day May 4, 2013
Body weight 159.5
Left the house @ 4:30am.
Finished Crab Eyes routes @ 11:51.
Finished Lost Dome & Hidden Wall @ 3:42.
Arrived back to the car after Charon Gardens @ 4:34.
Back to the car after climbing the Narrows routes @ 8:45pm-end of day.

The Warm- Up 11a 50ft

thought you were in Ok

By JohnWesely
From Red River Gorge
May 21, 2013
Gunking

KRiver wrote:
Refuge Day May 4, 2013 Body weight 159.5 Left the house @ 4:30am. Hiked into Desperate Reality @ 6:34am with temps in the mid 30's. Arrived back to the car after Desperate Reality Cliff at 8:07 & 36 degrees. Finished Crab Eyes routes @ 11:51. Finished Lost Dome & Hidden Wall @ 3:42. Arrived back to the car after Charon Gardens @ 4:34. Back to the car after climbing the Narrows routes @ 8:45pm-end of day. The Warm- Up 11a 50ft Desperate Reality 12b 30ft Moby Dick Direct 13a 80 ft Yellow Beard 12c 60ft Fun Ride 12a 50ft (aka Catch Another Ride) Ra 11c 70 ft Power Series (Direct start) 10+ 70ft The Claw 10+ 70ft Women on Mopeds & Babes 10+ 70 ft Whipping Post 13a 60ft Rap Bolter's 12a 60ft Lost My Religion 12b 130ft Slime of the Century 11c 60ft Drop Dead 11a 50ft Steep Show 11c 60ft Larry's Folley 8 130ft Crack a Lolo 10b (Direct start)60ft El Primo 9 50ft Serpentine 11c 60 ft League of Doom/Space Balls 11c/11a 180ft Lycra Sheath 10+120ft Crazy Alice 8 60ft Leap Frog 10a 60ft The Dihedral 7 60ft Aerial Anticipation 11c 50ft 1800 ft climbing / 13 miles hiking 25 routes no falls. Great temps in the 60' with strong north wind and low humidity made for a stellar day climbing

You are a true god.

By Jay Knower
From Plymouth, NH
May 21, 2013
Technosurfing, Rumney. Photo by Seth Hamel.

Giese and I led ten 5.10s in a day at the East. Mongo Fury, Congrats, Flake Route, Sometimes, Gill's Crack, Callipigeanous, Thoroughfare (an 11, but we counted it), Mouse's Misery, Cheatah, and Alpha Centauri.

I'm sure others have done bigger days, but it was certainly a fun outing for us.

By Doug Hemken
May 22, 2013
On Everleigh Club Crack.  Photo by Burt Lindquist.

Eric, personal leads or team leads?

When we do Trad Marathons, we occasionally hit 20 leads per team in 10 hours. Someone *ought* to be able to do 30 routes in a day at that pace.

I can't remember last summer, but I think Dunbar & I led 25 routes, doing a circuit all the way around the Lake.

Do a search on "devil's lake quests" - the "tower quest" has always looked fun to me.

I've heard Jay's day called "Astro-boy".

The question is what do you want the most of? Most routes? (Go easy.) Most points? (Climb just within your "don't have to think" level.) Most routes above 5.x? Most formations? Most miles?

Personally, I enjoy covering a lot of ground ...

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
May 22, 2013
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

I think my best day was something like 11 5.10 leads in a day.

Edit* oh yeah, that reminds me. we did 11 5.10 leads, then a bunch of 5.5 and under solos

By Coppolo
From Denver, CO
May 22, 2013
Sunrise in Stevens gulch

423 free solos of El Cap in 24 hours

I rule, you're all douches.

By EB
From Winona
May 23, 2013

I agree Doug. We are shooting for 50 in a day in a couple weeks...I think it would be pretty Rad if someone completed the century challenge in a weekend! Who's in?

By Jay Knower
From Plymouth, NH
May 23, 2013
Technosurfing, Rumney. Photo by Seth Hamel.

EB wrote:

Totally doable.

I always wanted to do one route on every named buttress (in the old guidebook with Alex on the cover) on the West Bluff. Can't remember how many that would be, but I think it would be fun.

By Doug Hemken
May 23, 2013
On Everleigh Club Crack.  Photo by Burt Lindquist.

Now, are we talking "in a day" or "in daylight"?

50 in daylight would be < 20 minutes per pitch, including transitions. If you take 5 minutes between each pitch and a couple minutes per anchor, that gives you 5-7 minutes per person per pitch for 15 hours straight. Two days in a row? That would be smokin' !!!

We'll be watching for the route list! Which weekend, exactly?

By Gokul
May 24, 2013
At the "summit"

Inspired by Remo's 24 towers in 24 hours, I managed to eke out 15 towers in 15 hours with James M at the West Bluff. Most were onsights, and about half were in formations I had never been to before, making for a lot of wandering through the woods, searching for stuff. But it was a superfun day!

By EB
From Winona
May 26, 2013

Gokul, nice work on the towers. When Rich Anthony first linked 15 towers in a day we new there could be more. I believe we spent about 9 hours and thought one could travel to other parts of the park to tick other towers on the east and south bluffs. I really feel that these type of quests/link ups are one of the best things dlsp has to offer as training for efficiency and speed translates to larger objectives such as alpine and wall climbing.
Git on it!