Montmorency Falls Rock Climbing
BETA PHOTO: Montmorency Falls Photo by Jacques Bou
Probably the next best know waterfall in Canada. This landmark sees hundreds of thousands of tourists every year, it even gets lit up at night!
There's been a long irritation with a licensed guiding company who will gladly take possession of most of the cliff for their courses, please be patient and ask nicely if you want to climb on routes they've got roped up.
You used to be required to register prior to climbing the waterfalls and there were specific rules such as mandatory use of a helmet and no free soloing.
From Quebec city, take highway 440 east and take the exit to l'Ile d'Orleans. Follow the indication to Chute Montmorency.
There's a pay parking.
Hike 10 minutes to the base of the cliff.
Routes, left to right
- Le Couloir de descente de gauche 120m I, WI1
- Le Jour de la marmotte 100m II, 5.6, WI2+
- La Décongelée 100m II, M5+
- La Molson dry tooling 25m II, M5+
- Le Pilier central 45m II, WI4+
- Le Pilier de cristal 110m II, WI4+
- Le Pilier Direct 95m II, WI4+
(Waterfall / Chute)
- La Dame Blanche 85m II, WI3+ X
- Le Couloir de descente de droite 150m I, WI1
at the base
- Le Pain de sucre 5-40m I, WI1-4+
Climbing Season For the *Quebec Ice, Mixed & Alpine Climbing area.
Weather station 5.7 miles from here
4 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',1],['2 Stars',2],['1 Star',1],['Bomb',0]
Featured Route For Montmorency Falls
BETA PHOTO: broader view of climbing areas to the left of the ...