Minor new feature about Ticks

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 24, 2010
Personal Photo

I was curious how many pitches I've climbed in the last month, and am too lazy to count, so I added some stats to your tick list.

Look near the top:
www.mountainproject.com/u/nick_wilder/14015?action=ticks&

By Phil Lauffen
From The Bubble
Aug 24, 2010
RMNP skiing. Photo by Nodin de Saillan

hey thats cool!

By matthewWallace
From plymouth, nh
Oct 13, 2010
Cool movement on this line

How do boulder routes play into this, just out of curiosity?

By J.J
Oct 13, 2010

Damn! I must climb more!!

By George Heib
Oct 13, 2010
Holding up a lovely BD #4

Nick, just a note on that addition. the DB is collecting all ticks as pitches including boulder problems. I don't think boulder problems should count as pitches. Don't know if an additional field is needed in the database for it, but would be nice to distinguish this.

By Aaron M
From Westminster, CO
Oct 13, 2010
Me

Nice man! Thanks!

By Nick Stayner
From Billings, MT
Oct 13, 2010
Nick Stayner near the crux. Ryan Minton photo.

Thanks! That's a very cool feature. I love this site.

By jim-c
Oct 13, 2010
topping 2

sweet.

By Brian Snider
From NorCal
Oct 13, 2010
Me

Nice. Now we can make trading cards with our stats on the back. Lol. Thanks I thought something was different.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 13, 2010
Bocan

Brian Snider wrote:

I've seen those before maybe from the late 70's or early 80's. I think they had a Walter Bonatti card.

By Hendrixson
From Tucson, AZ
Oct 13, 2010
Enjoying 'Ground Affects'.

Great feature for all the obsessive climbers including myself. I also appreciate being able to export the data.

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Oct 13, 2010
Personal Photo

George, good catch on the boulders. Those are now listed separately. I also added "Days on Rock" so you can figure out if your life is in balance...

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 13, 2010
Bocan

Nick Wilder wrote:

I've been out with from surgery for the past month plus...now I can have it pointed out to me how little I've been able to climb this summer.

Great...thanks alot... :o(

By Nathan Scherneck
From Portland, OR
Oct 14, 2010
He took the whipper while trying to place his #1 Stopper.  So sad.

Very cool. It would be cool if it were broken down by trad, sport, multi-pitch, as well as boulder (which it already is). Great progress for the site, Nick...

By Wombat
From Boulder, co
Feb 13, 2011
Cutout from a larger map illustrating accessibility of world cities.

What do you think the chances are of building a similar feature for the TO Do list? While its fun to look at what you've done it can be useful to plan your season by seeing how many routes you want to climb, how many pitches are involved, and possibly a guess of how many days it would take based off of the average pitches you have done (historically) per year.