BETA PHOTO: McKelligon Amphitheater
Solid rock with boxy crimps and ledges. Numerous sport climbs, top rope routes and a handful of trad. lines. Royal Robbin's visited this canyon for a short time while stationed at Ft. Bliss Military base in the mid 1950's. Soon after Robbin's found himself drawn to the Organ Mountain range (see New Mexico, Organ Mountains).
Park Headquarters 915-566-6441
- WALLS ARE CLOSED DURING AMPHITHEATER SHOWS
- PLEASE HELP COLLECT AND REMOVE TRASH
- DO NOT PRUNE, COLLECT OR DESTROY PLANT LIFE
- RESPECT OTHERS USING THE AREA
- KEEP SOUND POLLUTION TO A MINIMUM "Echo...echo"
- DO NOT LEAVE FIXED EQUIPMENT ON THE WALL OVER 24 HOURS
- PAY ALL PARK FEES TO INSURE FUTURE CLIMBING
(Register at the Ranger Station or at the Cul-di-sac Pay Booth)
CLOSED DURING SHOWTIMES
When going to McKelligon Canyon you may want to check this link for amphitheater showtimes to avoid a botched trip: ticketmaster.com/McKelligon-Ca... Guidebook Link
Highway 54 North South Freeway
Exit Hwy 54 - Fred Wilson. Take Fred Wilson Rd. West then left on Alabama St. then right on McKelligon Canyon Rd. (near 7-11 store). Follow McKelligon Canyon Rd. to the amphitheater and walls in the map above.
Weather station 6.9 miles from here
12 Total Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',1],['2 Stars',5],['1 Star',6],['Bomb',0]
Featured Route For McKelligon Canyon
Latest Regional Forum Messages