Max Jones and Mark Hudon on the South Seas videos

By Mark Hudon
Nov 4, 2011
On the North America Wall in 1977.
Not quite a TR yet but here are all the vids. They are not in order but the first South Seas vid is the Rubber Band Man Pendulum. (click "see all" on the right)

South Seas Videos

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
Nov 4, 2011
Yoda
Wicked Mark, love it all!! I just wanna' know how to get those freaky abs?!

By Alex Cobbs
From Santa Fe, NM
Nov 4, 2011
Great vids Mark. What did you use to record? I still have to hit you up for soloing beta.

By Mark Hudon
Nov 5, 2011
On the North America Wall in 1977.
Hank, Thanks, I do stomach exercises almost every morning and have been for years and years and years.

Alex, it's a Panasonic HDC-SD90. It cost me about $450, obviously does a real nice job, is light (less than 8 ounces) and easy to use.

By Tom Byrne
From Telluride, CO
Nov 5, 2011
Like what kind of ab exercises? What's the standard routine?

By Mark Hudon
Nov 5, 2011
On the North America Wall in 1977.
Hanging leg ups
I have wide pads I can put my arms through to hang from a bar from my upper arms held horizontally.
Roll your hips forward a bit so your back in not curved.
Raise your straight legs up till your toes are about face height. Feel the lift and feel the lower. Don't "throw" your legs up.
Do that 10 times then do the same thing but bring your knees to your chest 10 times.
take a 10 second rest and then repeat.

Leg Thrusts
Lay on a mat and roll the bottom of your hips forward so your back is flat on the mat. I put my fist underneath the bottom of my butt to help this.
Raise your legs straight up and when they get vertical, thrust them to the ceiling like your trying to stamp your footprint on the ceiling.
Again, don't throw your legs up or drop them down, feel the lift and feel the lower.
25 reps.

35 Crunches (make sure to keep you whole back flat on the floor)

Leg Up Crunches
Lift your upper legs straight up but keep your lower leg horizontal
Do 15 Crunches in that position.
(make sure to keep you whole back flat on the floor)

On a lifting bench, tuck your feet underneath a sling wrapped around the end of the bench. Lay face down on the bench so that your waist, just above your groin line, is hanging over the end. Raise your upper body so that your back is straight, lower down and "kiss" the floor. Again, feel the lift and feel the lower.
15 reps

Repeat 3 days a week. I get out of bed and go right into the garage and do them.

The Push Up is a Gold Standard exercise and also very good for your back and stomach. I do three sets of 15.
Go HERE for a vid explaining a really good way to do them.

I'm an animal when I'm on El Cap!
I'm an animal when I'm on El Cap!

By Wally
From Denver
Nov 8, 2011
Mark - looking pretty good, there, dude. Hope my girl doesn't see this - she may try and dump my arse and move up in the world.

Thanks for sharing your ab workout routine.

Climb on. Wally

By Mark Hudon
Nov 8, 2011
On the North America Wall in 1977.
Have no fear, Wally, once she got close enough to see the 55 years old skin hanging loosely on my body she'd forget the abs and go running back to you!