Your todo list:
Your rating: -none-
Your ticklist: [add new tick]
Your opinion of this PAGE: [0 people like this page.]
Pitch 2 of Main Wall. (c) Marc Chrysanthou. I once...
One of Britain's best severes - a long and exposed expedition which although technically easy goes through some pretty steep and spectacular terrain. Simply wonderful.
1) 70ft 5.6. Left up a slab to a grassy ledge. Up a short corner across another slab then step around an edge on the right and go up to a pulpit ledge.
2) 80ft 5.7. Traverse right and up along a gangway
to a chimney, a few moves up this lead to a left traverse along a ledge to a piton belay in a corner on the edge of the buttress.
3) 45ft 5.6. Up the arete then up and right to a large triangular ledge.
4) 90ft 5.7. Steep and intricate! Climb to the top of the pinnacle
on the left. Now head leftwards across the steep wall and into an alcove. Traverse left around the edge and climb a steep arete, across a chinmey to small slab and belay.
5) 80ft 5.6. Up to an overhang then left to the base of a slab
- climb the left side of this in a fantastic position.
6) 100ft. Easier ground to the end of the climb.
The bottom of the left side of the crag below a traingular roof.
Nuts work fine.
The pinnacle on Pitch 4 (c) Marc Chrysanthou