Lost or Stolen: Duffel Bag of Climbing Camping Gear Poudre Canyon

By BBarryAK
May 4, 2014

Lost: or Likely Stolen
Black Duffel Bag with sleeping pad, sleeping bag, #4 bd cam, La sportiva Mythos, Bag of clothes.

Climbing Fort Collins Poudre Canyon's east of eden, a roadside single pitch gear climb, and while at the top belay a bag was stolen at the base of the climb by a white truck. Not enough time to rappel and go after the truck, but hopefully this vehicle assumed the bag was lost. Not expected for such a good fort collins community. If anyone knows of this please call 970-397-9838 or write be back on Mtn. Project. Thank you.

Cheer, Brian.

By Fred AmRhein
May 5, 2014

If the gear disappeared yesterday (Sunday, May 4th) during or about the time of the Colorado Marathon that started at Steven's Gulch just down the road you might check with them. There were a couple of volunteer vehicles along the Marathon route doing maintenance, picking up cast off clothing, etc. and one may have been in that area?

Maybe not, just thought I would mention the possibility.

By BBarryAK
May 5, 2014

Thank you Fred, But it was much later then the marathon and about 10 miles up from the marathon area near the poudre canyon narrows. Unfortunately I am not optimistic about finding it, because it was most likely an opportunistic act of stealing, as both climbers were at a top belay. But im hopin there are some good folks who could point me in the right direction.

Appreciate it!

By Ryan-Nelson
From Fort Collins, CO
May 7, 2014
NCCC

Weird Question, but do you remember anything specific about this white truck?? Like did it have aftermarket bumpers?

Which direction were they traveling at the time? EAST or WEST

By BBarryAK
May 7, 2014

Hey Ryan,

I am no truck expert but I believe it was a white F150 platinum edition heading west up the canyon. We only saw the truck from above so not 100 percent sure what kind it was. Didn't appear to be climbers but we are not certain. Do you know anything regarding a truck in the canyon?

Thanks Brother, Brian

By Ryan-Nelson
From Fort Collins, CO
May 12, 2014
NCCC

Sorry man I'm no help then.I had seen some climbers in a white Toyota truck with modified bumpers at 420s in the afternoon, but it sounds like there in the clear.

Good luck on locating your gear