Lost DMM Demon Cam size 0, Lone Peak Summit Wall, Utah

By Nathaniel Holt
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 10, 2012
View from up above the hand crack
While climbing Triple Overhangs on the summit wall of Lone Peak a size 0 DMM demon cam was dropped from pitch 3 of Triple Overhangs and we were unable to locate it seeing as we topped out just as dark hit. If someone on here happens to find it please contact me. The cam is blue and has a red rack tag on it. Also, there were 2 nuts that we couldn't clean. One was stuck at the crux, the other at the belay above the crux pitch.

This was on Thursday June 7th, 2012

This is what it looks like
This is what it looks like

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Jun 10, 2012
dream canyon fun!
was watching you two go up .. sounded/looked like a long night! my bro got some great picks of the leader on the roof's pitch. we went up the 5.7 to the right the next morning . good to know you made it down ok.

By Nathaniel Holt
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 11, 2012
View from up above the hand crack
Thanks! My main reason for posting is because I saw you down there and hoped you may had picked up my cam. Ya It was a long night lol! Super fun though! Send those pics this way. Id love to see them

By Jason Thomas
Jun 11, 2012
my dog defending my proj
While you were up there did you come across any augen gneiss?

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Jun 11, 2012
The route in it's entirety.
Jason are you looking for a hand sample or a picture of a larger inclusion? I have a nice hand sample of augen gneiss from the cirque and plan on going up this week.

By Nathaniel Holt
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 11, 2012
View from up above the hand crack
Jason,

My pack was heavy enough as it was! My climbing partner already gets mad at me when I start looking at rocks! Let alone taking samples and notes. But I do have some good ones from Santaquin.

Greg, I wasn't aware there was Augen Gneiss up in the cirque. Ill have to keep my Augens open next time. If you happen to end up at the bottom of the summit wall do you mind looking around for my cam? and ill take a pic of a larger inclusion.

Cheers

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Jun 11, 2012
dream canyon fun!
will do . was with a crew who had never ben up thear an seeing you two dud's hang it out like that blew thear minds . after the snow crosing my fat ass just wanted to get to the rock. never saw yer cam but im sure it will make it's way back to you.

By Nathaniel Holt
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 11, 2012
View from up above the hand crack
Devin,

I can pm you my email so you can just email me the pics if that is most convenient.

That snowfield is gnarly. We took whippets just in case. We also went down off the south ridge which was sketchy in the dark and had some hairy snow spots.

Sorry for all the annoying yelling, it was windy up there and communication was difficult.

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Jun 11, 2012
dream canyon fun!
Nathaniel the yelling was not annoing i know the wind gets gnar up hi on summit wall wen that sun starts geting low .. loved hearing you two go through the motions of alpine climbing. pm me yer email an i will shoot you those picks. im no spring chiken but good to hear that the snowfield sketched someone els out .. the two guys i was with are SICK snowboarders one of them is a guide in south America an they both walked around me like i was a fish out of water flopping around trying not to slide down.. i had my nut tool in my hand like it was a knif fight. the north ridge was E Z E to walk off took 30 min to get back to camp. but 6 hours to get to the car after some of the best alpine climbing in the lower 48.. what a hike!

By Nathaniel Holt
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 13, 2012
View from up above the hand crack
Devin,

Did you get my PM?

By Jason Thomas
Jun 14, 2012
my dog defending my proj
Greg G wrote:

Ha! It was just a joke for Nathan but thanks for the offer. I didn't know there was any up there either, I've only seen it in Santaquin.