looking for regular Climbing partner Texas (mostly Austin climbing)

By ptrgeorge
From Houston, TX
Sep 16, 2013
Skull cave, Rifle, CO <br /> <br />awesome shot nate!
Howdy, recently moved back to Texas, now that the weather is cooling down I want to try to sneak out to Austin to climb as much as possible.

I live in Houston and would prefer a partner who lives here and wants to carpool(I wouldn't turn down a local climber by any means though)

I currently work at Texas Rock Gym, if you want to climb with me in the gym or meet before going outdoors hit me up and we can meet and climb there, between working and climbing I'm at the gym most of the time.

I am a competent lead climber and am looking for someone who has a fair amount of experience or at the very least is a competent belayer.

thanks
pete

By Thomas Shields
From Denver, CO
Nov 18, 2013
Hi,

Thomas

By nicksave
From Austin
Dec 1, 2013
Thomas Shields wrote:
Hi, I'm new to austin and looking for a climbing partner. I haven't climbed much in the past three years but have solid climbing experience. I am a safe and solid lead belayer (comfortable belaying sport and seconding trad). Promise safe and soft lead catches. :) Thomas

Hey there! I recently relocated to Austin and I'm also looking for a regular climbing partner. I lead climb 5.10 pretty solid and project harder routes. I joined the Austin Rock Gym to train a few days a week and I love hitting the outdoor spots when the weather is nice. If either of you are still looking for a partner for gym or outdoor climbing hit me up! Nick.w.savelli@gmail.com

By John E. Payne
From Uvalde, TX
Dec 9, 2013
The couple that oversee the trail projects at Enchanted Rock are both climbers. I believe they do trail work the second Saturday every month. It would be a good way to give back to the climbing community and make new friends. I went and helped out one weekend when I was new to the area, and they introduced me a few people that I ended up climbing with almost every weekend. Good luck.

By Derek Strittmatter
From Houston, Texas
Dec 14, 2013
Tyrolean traverse in Clear Creek Canyon, CO
Hey Pete, I also just recently moved back to texas and am looking for someone to climb with that lives in houston. I've been to texas rock gym a couple times to boulder and I've made a few trips to austin areas already. I'll be at reimers tomorrow and sunday if your austin by chance hit me up. Or lets meet at the gym sometime. Derek.strittmatter@yahoo.com

By Sam M
From Austin, TX
Jan 1, 2014
Any of you can give me a shout, short notice even if you want to get out in Austin. I know the climbs and trails very well, and the same goes for erock. I have all gear including trad rack and have been climbing 4 years consecutively. Good to lead or lead belay. Also, originally from Houston if that matters :)