Looking for partner: 5.7 alpine to 5.12 sport, summer alpine ice, etc.

By Jon H
From Boulder
Jul 31, 2014
At the matching crux
Followed a job to Boulder and now that I'm settled, looking for some new climbing partners!

I'm happy climbing just about anything. Long but fast easy alpine days are cool. So is hard sport climbing and bouldering. Maybe even some aid climbing for good measure. I don't mind long hikes, I don't complain much, and I tell pretty good stories. Also would be real keen to do some summer alpine ice in the Park.

Close to 15 years climbing experience, have triple rack, ropes, and reliable wheels. Also a certified EMT and WFR. I'm a super attentive belayer, use belay devices as per the manufacturer's specs (one of my pet peeves actually), and move quickly and efficiently.

What I'm looking for in a partner: Reliability, solid anchors, and solid belay skills. Beyond that, I can hang with 5.8 beginners or can try and keep up with you 5.13 crushers. Note to 5.13 crushers - please invite me on your trips!

I have good flexibility. Can climb mid-week or weekends, although weekends I usually spend with the fiancee. (Side note - it would be cool to meet some other climbing couples)

By T.L. Kushner
Jul 31, 2014
hey jon, glad to see you made it out to CO.

I have off tuesday, wednesday, thursday most weeks and would love to climb. i've lost your number though.

i'll send you a PM with mine.

By Matt Shepard
From Broomfield, CO
Jul 31, 2014
Longs Peak Cirque
Jon,

Send me a PM I have mid week flexibility also. Im climbing in the easy 11s on both sport and trad. I definitely want to get some alpine time in this year. I also usually spend some weekend time climbing with my wife too so that could work out also.

Matt

By evan h
From Denver, CO
Jul 31, 2014
Troll Cave (V3), Three Sisters Park.
Hey Jon,

Looking for a partner Saturday morning (alpine start!) for some hard sport in CCC. I'm also generally down for everything you've listed above, but I'm in sport project mode at the moment! If interested, shoot me a PM.

By Tjane
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Jon,

I live in Eldo and try to climb a couple of days midweek. From August 8th - 20th, I'll especially be looking for partners as my husband will be tied up with the in-laws. I climb 5.11/5.12 sport and am just getting back into trad after a long hiatus. I'd like to do some alpine but I haven't done a lot and I wouldn't garauntee that I was an equal partner. I can set up anchors though and place gear, just taking time to get back into the groove. Even after Aug I am looking at trad partners for the fall (mainly Wed and Fri but flexible). PM me if you get a chance

Jane

By Zack C
From Boulder, CO
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Jon (and everyone else!)

I just made my own post when I saw yours. We sound vaguely alike. PM me if you're interested!

mountainproject.com/v/new-in-b...

By Fehim Hasecic
Aug 5, 2014
Me happy, hard to see, but happy
Hi Jon,
If you're interested in some alpine I'm free this weekend and next. I'm not a "crusher", can lead up to 5.9, but can follow to 5.11. Hallet, Spearhead, Pettit, or any of the classics in the Park are the options. Let me know if you're interested.