Looking for couples who want to climb

By Wic
From SLC, UT
May 6, 2014
Brown Duck Basin, Uinta Mountains, Utah

My wife and I love to climb together, and we are always looking for climbing partners. The problem is that the partner finder only finds one person. Any couples out there who love to climb? My wife and I climb sport (up to 5.10 or 5.11) and are DESPERATELY looking to start climbing trad. Any trad climbing couples out there who would be willing to show us the ropes? If not, we would still be happy to find another sport climbing couple. We live in the Salt Lake area and usually climb in BCC or Ferguson.

By kboofis
May 6, 2014
Eldorado Canyon

I don't live in SLC yet but my girlfriend and I are going to be in mid-August. We'll be looking for partners and we both trad climb so we'd love to get out. I know it's a long way off but I'll try to keep this in mind towards the end of the summer and we can meet up?

By Wic
From SLC, UT
May 6, 2014
Brown Duck Basin, Uinta Mountains, Utah

Sounds good to me! We don't mind scheduling some climbing in August. More climbing = more happiness! Shoot me an email when you are closer to getting into SLC and we'll make arrangements to meet up.

By Tommy Barker
May 7, 2014

Wic, my girlfriend and I live in salt lake and we both climb. I lead up to nines and she will top rope up to nines (leads in the 7/8 range). I know that's a bit below you and your wife but if you were interested we would probably be down.

By Wic
From SLC, UT
May 7, 2014
Brown Duck Basin, Uinta Mountains, Utah

Tommy, that sounds awesome to me! My wife has never done a 5.10 so it's no big deal. I only do the harder climbs when I'm with one of my friends. Anyways, new 5.9's are plenty hard for me! Check your email - I sent you one earlier today.

By Elliot Befus
From Raleigh, NC
May 10, 2014
The top of the first pitch of the pulpit

My fiancée and I are always looking for more climbing partners. We just moved here from NC in January and still don't know many people. We both lead sport in the 10/11 range and trad climb around 5.9. We have a very full rack and would be willing to show you the ropes.

By Wic
From SLC, UT
May 12, 2014
Brown Duck Basin, Uinta Mountains, Utah

Elliot - my wife and I would love to show you around our favorite climbs here in Utah and get to know you guys! We would LOVE it if you could teach us how to trad climb! I'll send you an email and we'll work out the details.

By Elliot Befus
From Raleigh, NC
May 15, 2014
The top of the first pitch of the pulpit

Hey Wic, that sounds great. We have done a bit of climbing in LCC as well as American Fork but the other canyons are all still un-explored for us.The email that was previously linked to this account was old, so I didn't get your message. I have updated it now so if you wouldn't mind sending it again, I will definitely get back to you.

By user id
May 15, 2014
DUDE! Your ankles....

Is this some kind of weird swingers thing?
There's a lot of love going around...

PS: Caps lock and camo pants are a red flag.

By DanielRich
May 15, 2014

Me and my wife live in South Jordan and love to climb. I am breaking into leading 10s and my wife can normally follow anything I lead(she hasn't wanted to try leading yet)

We often have kids in tow though we have a 2 and 4 year old that usually come climbing with us so that sometimes complicates things.

We are planning on trying to do some climbing in AF next saturday morning(not this weekend and we have places to be at noon) so if anybody is interested in meeting up let me know.