Lone Peak Cirque Conditions

By Eric Chabot
From Thetford Ctr, VT
Jun 7, 2014

Anyone been up there yet? How are snow levels looking? I haven't climbed at the cirque before but I'm super psyched to check it out and driving up I-15 today the snow up there looks like it's starting to fade away quite a bit.

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Jun 7, 2014
The route in it's entirety.

It's gotta be in Eric. Hit it up this week!

By Josh Allred
From Salt Lake City, UT
Jun 7, 2014
P3 on Nutcracker.

Temps hitting the 90s on Monday in the valley.

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Jun 8, 2014
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.

Let us know how it is!

Also, for those experienced: how are the bugs up there, typically? When I went last year, it was bug free. But then again, I also only had to apply bug spray once in the Wind Rivers, so maybe last year was an off year?

By Sam Cannon
From Holladay, Utah
Jun 9, 2014
a

While certainly not a LPC veteran I've been up there twice at different times of the year and haven't had a hint of a problem with bugs.

By earl mcalister
From idaho
Jun 9, 2014
me

Anyone want to head up there this weekend? I have done some of the standards but would like to climb undone book, penny lane, and some of the other routes to the right of the lowe route. Can head up there as early as friday and stay through the weekend. Pm me your number so we can chat about it.

By C. Archibald
Jun 12, 2014
On haystack in the Winds

If you go, post up conditions. I'm headed up there with a buddy next week. It will be my second trip. Last year was early July.

By Eric Chabot
From Thetford Ctr, VT
Jun 13, 2014

fucked up my ankle spurt climbing at maple right after posting. 5000+ vert approaches are not my steez at the moment. Hopefully things will still be good in a couple weeks

By luke smith
From St; George, UT
Jun 13, 2014

Hey Earl I'm gonna be around SLC this weekend. I sent you an email but I have a new phone and don't have your number anymore. If you wanna head up to Lone Peak Saturday or Sunday give me a call and we can figure things out.

By Courtney Pace
Jun 14, 2014

Went up Big Willow yesterday with daypacks and climbed Giggles. That route isn't very good in case its on anyone's radar IMHO, especially with the LPC nearby.(think of climbing 'variety delight' for 4 pitches) Anyhow, we planned to get on a route in LPC also but rainstorms chased us out. Very little snow until the cirque proper. I assume it is the same over by Lone Peak. Lots of little streams of water. Don't forget that you'll have to negotiate steep frozen snow to access routes on the summit wall in the morning. #3 camalots work well to gain purchase with hands. Kinda cold until the sun hit the rock. I'm sure there will be a crowd up there this weekend. Enjoy!

By Josh Allred
From Salt Lake City, UT
Jun 17, 2014
P3 on Nutcracker.

Hearing it might be snowing up there today.

By C. Archibald
Jun 17, 2014
On haystack in the Winds

www.alta.com/images/mtncam/alfsfull.jpg

This is the Alta cam today. The cirque is higher so I'm guessing it's socked in. I was planning to head up there for two nights staring tomorrow. I don't think it's gonna work.

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Jun 18, 2014
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.

raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/meso_base.cgi?stn=BRIU1

Brighton snow data reporting 8 inch depth as of last night.

Come on baby, melt!

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Jun 19, 2014
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.

Does anyone have a good view up into the cirque from the valley floor? My view from Ogden is good, but not the right angle.

By madskates
From SLC
Jun 19, 2014

Not sure if this helps but i drove past yesterday and saw most of the walls were caked white with snow

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
Jun 19, 2014
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Still snow, but a lot less than yesterday. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. PM me to remind me if I haven't posted it by 10

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
Jun 22, 2014
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Cirque as of Sunday the 22. Very little snow.
Cirque as of Sunday the 22. Very little snow.

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Jun 23, 2014
The route in it's entirety.

That's big willow dude.

By Landon Haycock
From Salt Lake City
Jun 23, 2014

Lone Peak 6/21/14
Lone Peak 6/21/14

Conditions were great on Saturday. Only saw one other group of climbers.

By BackAtItAgain
Jun 23, 2014

That was us.. same on Sunday - 6 people total up there. Lots of flowing water - great time to visit!