Is there a Red Rock in Utah now?

By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Skiing around.
I've seen tons of posts in the Utah section looking for partners in Vegas. Winter in Vegas!
Partner wanted for Red Rocks for 2/6-2/8
Looking for climbing partners Red Rocks Feb 4-15, 2012
Red Rock Thursday 1/26
RED ROCKS 4 MAR-????MAR 2012
Vegas residents: Red Rock climbing partners

This is not even a complete list.
Do you all know that Vegas and Red Rock are in Nevada, which has its own forum?

The reason that I mention this is that not many of these posts seem to be that successful at getting partners. Post up in the Nevada forum and you might find some locals who don't look in the Utah forum for these.

By Lurking Queer
The Crew
johnL wrote:
Colorado City?

Colorado City, Arizona

...er maybe one of the crux holds has broken off?

By Lurking Queer
The Crew
johnL wrote:
Deep Creek (crick), UT

Short Creek, UT?

The Prophet.
The Prophet.

Always keep sweet.

By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Skiing around.
Is this some inside joke that only Utah residents get?

By the way I don't think that the two of you should post back to back in the same thread anymore....all that bare man skin in your profile pics is creeping me out!

By BackCountry
From West Point, UT
Whaaaat?
It may be that Utah climbers are looking for other Utah climber to travel to Red Rock with.

By Lurking Queer
The Crew
johnL wrote:
That's it, I knew the other side of the city had creek in the name. Deep creek is in the windrivers and doesn't have multiple wives. I hate being the one that makes my own jokes unfunny.

No worries. I'm not gonna brag about being more attune to the polygamy scene. I guess it's kind of a hobby.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 3, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!
Lurking Queer wrote:

Embrace your heritage!

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
I thought Colorado City was on the state line, same name in both states. But what do I know, I'm not Mormon.

By Caleb Padgett
From Rockville, utah
Feb 3, 2012
Colorado city is in arizona
Hilldale is in Utah.
The two towns really function as one

By DallinH
From Utah
Feb 3, 2012
On a somewhat related note. Warren Jeffs is not affiliated with the Mormon Church and its leadership.

By Brian in SLC
Climbing in Smuggler's Notch
To answer your questin, yes:

mountainproject.com/v/red-rock...

By Tristan Higbee
From Cambodia
Feb 3, 2012
Me on a mixed route Crisco and I did in Rock Canyon.
Brian in SLC wrote:
To answer your questin, yes: mountainproject.com/v/red-rock...

Don't forget this.

By Cultivating Mass
Feb 3, 2012
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
I'd just like to pop in to call bullshit on this one:
DallinG wrote:

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Feb 3, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.
Warren Jeffs got busted in our neck of the woods after nervously sweating off his fake mustache during a routine traffic stop. LMAO. He 's "keeping sweet" in prison now.

By John Hegyes
From Las Vegas, NV
South of Windy Peak
Wow, this thread blew up real fast!

Back to the original post, the reason people post in the Utah and Intermountain area for Vegas partners is because this forum is as close as you can get to Nevada. Observe the list of partner forums here:

MP Partner Finder

Note, there is no "Nevada Partners" forum.

The "Nevada Forum" is for the discussion of all Nevada climbing topics, and yes posting there for partners works too.

By Bill Dugan
From San Bernardino, CA
Killis Howard wrote:
I'd just like to pop in to call bullshit on this one: Just because you don't like someone and his child-raping, mind-control tactics using, false prophet being, etc etc etc, doesn't mean that he doesn't preach the Joseph Smith Kool-aid just like all the Romneys, Jessops, etc. FLDS=Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints=polygamists, welfare cheats, etc. Read Under the Banner of Heaven.

Killis is correct. Theologically speaking, the FLDS are truer to the teachings of Joseph Smith than the mainstream Mormon church. Read D&C 132. And its common knowledge that Smith himself had close to 100 wives.

By Mark Wyss
From Denver, CO
Mt. Baker
Killis Howard wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading this thread before I got to your post Killis. Krakaur and Under the Banner of Heaven. Some real fucked up stuff is out there. What are they putting in that Kool-aid for Christ's sake??? (no pun intended of course).

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
+1 LMAO too...Under the Banner was a great read. Informative for sure.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
Now ladies, don't get overly excited by those 2 pics above. He's really quite a catch.

By Mark Wyss
From Denver, CO
Mt. Baker
Yea for real, when I hear about the amount of sex he got (well I guess he is still getting it now) it makes me wonder...man what am I doing wrong, he must be one charming fella.