In the Redlands/San Bernadino area for the next month, looking for cragging/multipitch partners. Specifically Tahquitz early next week.

By Sam Cannon
From Holladay, Utah
Jun 5, 2014
a
I'm staying in Redlands for the month of June and would love to get out cragging at least a few times. Interested in checking out some of the cragging in the San Bernardino Mtns, or anywhere really within an hour or two's drive. I have a car, a rack (triples), a rope, and a lot of psych.

Haven't climbed in about a month, so I'll need a bit of warming up, but I lead up to around 10b/c on gear. Not super interested in clipping bolts, but it's better than nothing.

Also looking for a partner for Tahquitz/Suicide starting either on the 9th or the 10th. Would love to spend at least 2 days (up to 3/4) hitting the classics (never been there). Message me if interested in getting out and we can swap numbers to talk.

I'm 29, have a lot of multipitch trad/alpine experience, and am open to climbing with anyone young or old, male or female.

By Alan-C
Jun 5, 2014
Hey Sam, welcome to the area (I'm in Loma Linda).

You're right, Tahquitz/Suicide is the place to go for June (Joshua Tree is going to be way too hot). There's a lot of bolted climbing in the area (Frustration Creek and The Quarry), but mainly around here it is bouldering (Mt. Rubidoux, etc...). There are 2 trad routes (right at the entrance to Frustration Creek) but they are <5.8.

Big Bear would have trad climbing, which is a bit of a trip as well. Also, Idyllwild has a ton of bouldering, along with Tahquitz/Suicide being there.

Personally I can't speak much more about trad around here, because I have no rack and have never trad climbed. Sorry.

By EJ Aparicio
Jun 5, 2014
I know the riverside quarry has a few decent trad routes like agony arch area. You got agony arch (11b) and hump or dump (5.8+). There aren't any trad routes at frustration currently because they are overrun with poison ivy and mud.

By cmentken
From Prescott, AZ
Jun 6, 2014
Hey Sam, my name is Charles and I was hoping to climb at Tahquitz on June 22 and 23 with a friend, but he had to cancel. If you are up to climbing I am ready to go. Have rack and rope. Have never climbed Tahquitz, but super psyched to climb its storied lines.

Been climbing a lot this spring and leading 5.8 trad and feel comfortable following 5.10 trad. Let me know if the time works.

Charles

By jubalee
From Winthrop, WA
Jun 7, 2014
Hi! I'm going to be in idyllwild for a few days and am looking for a partner to climb with next Tuesday the 10th. Let me know if you're interested, 843-609-0432. Thanks!

Julianna

By Rico Tan
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Jun 10, 2014
I'm interested in joining the Taquitz climb,have a small trad rack and 3 ropes . I'm used to sandstone and heard granite is way harder, trad lead 5.7/8 in red rock and sport 5.10a . I don't mind follow. tan.myopic@gmail.com