Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
If I live in Beloit..........

By Eli Buzzell
From Traveling with AmeriCorps
Oct 29, 2012
somewhere in the whites

If I transfer to school in Beloit Wisconsin, how fucked am I for climbing?

I currently live less than thirty minutes from Pawtuckaway state park in New Hampshire, and climb pretty regularly.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Oct 29, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.

fucked. Devils lake is probably an hour and 30 minutes

By cerickson
From Portland, OR
Oct 29, 2012

Building your own outdoor ice wall is easier than you think in Beloit. I spent a year in Roscoe, IL between seasons in Alaska - two parallel trees, some chicken wire, a couple 2x4s and I was ice climbing all winter. Just be ready to smile when the news cameras show up...

By ccerling
From Boston, MA
Oct 29, 2012
me

If you move to Beloit I think you need to get your priorities in order. Safety before fun. Buy good locks a gun and know how to use it. But yeah Devil's Lake would be one of the better options Governor Dodge just north of Dodgeville isn't to far away from Beloit either.

By Tradoholic
Oct 29, 2012

...if someone steps on your foot you better say you're sorry.

By Eli Buzzell
From Traveling with AmeriCorps
Nov 8, 2012
somewhere in the whites

Shit.

By Gokul
Nov 9, 2012
At the "summit"

If you don't have a problem driving 1.5-2 hrs to get to really good rock, you'll be just fine. Devils Lake and Gov Dodge are both less than 2 hrs away and have a lifetime worth of routes and boulder problems. Hillbilly Hollow and Necedah are about 2.5 hrs away if you want to mix things up every now and then. You're also a 9 hr drive from the Red River Gorge, for the occasional road trip during the cold season.

Winter Ice is not exactly reliable around your parts, but you can typically get at least a half dozen weekends or so of ice between Dodge, Lone Rock, Starved Rock and Wyalusing. There's also some nice ice to be climbed on a silo less than 2 hrs from you. The really excellent ice is a 6-8 hr drive north.

By stihlhead82
From Belvidere, Il
Dec 23, 2012
climbing genesis I in Hyalite Canyon Bozeman MT

I live in south beloit if you ever want to climb sometime

By Kris Peterson
From rockton,il
Dec 29, 2012
never leave home without one

i'm in rockton. get ahold of me.