how many crashpads can you fit in a honda civic hatchback?
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By dylanfllr
Jun 28, 2012
how many crashpads can you fit in a honda civic hatchback? I'm thinking about something fuel efficient, and wondering, can you fit 2 normal size (misty mountain highlander)crash pads? One and one small?

Thanks.

By Greg Twombly
From Conifer, CO
Edge of Time, Jurassic Park
Ask Doug Cornick. He had a little red civic that he crammed pads in

By BScallout
Jun 28, 2012
This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.

By dylanfllr
Jun 28, 2012
Since when has an internet forum been such a pinnacle of culture that you can't ask idle questions?

I've thought about going to the dealership, but it's much easier to ask while sitting in bed than taking my lazy bouldering ass out there.

By Unassigned User
Jun 28, 2012
Well played by both. Witty humor win. Self depreciating humor win. Please carry on.

By BScallout
Jun 28, 2012
When did we start being so unreliant that we post such stupid questions to the masses? How about looking at manufacturer specs? How big is the back of the POS you want to get radical in? Sheesh.

My cat likes to poop in kitty litter, what kind of litter do you guy's like? Cause I dont want to do any legwork on my end and will take whatever ya'll say like it's gosspel.

By dylanfllr
Jun 28, 2012
I'm mostly serious, does anyone actually know?

By Princess Mia
From Vail
Chillin' at City of Rocks
I know exactly the kind of kitty litter your cat prefers! Haha, but I ain't tellin'

By Rob Gordon
From Hollywood, CA
Jun 28, 2012
Tough Mantle Problem.  Haven't sent yet...
I have a focus hatchback. Not the same, I know, but I can do a three panel and a small taco in the trunk, or at least double that with the back seat down. I really like my focus for climbing and camping with two people.

By Eamon Doyle
From Sierra Madre, CA
Headshot
Seats up or down? What year? Anyway, in all likelihood, yes, you probably could. I'm certain you could fit two in the trunk of a Civic sedan, but you'll have little room for anything else if you also want use of the back seats.

But in complete seriousness, can I convince you to just buy a dirtbagging pickup truck?

By Chris Plesko
From Westminster, CO
OMG, I winz!!!
I have an 2001 sedan. I can fit a couple small pads in the trunk. I can get 2 organic big pads in the trunk/back seat but then people can only sit up front.

By T.C.
From Whittier, NC
BScallout wrote:
My cat likes to poop in kitty litter, what kind of litter do you guy's like?

The rule at my house is: If you have more hair on your ass than me, you shit outside.

2 taco pads fit in a 2001 Honda Insight, getting 60mpg on the way to Rumbling Bald from Ashiville.

By ccerling
From Boston, MA
me
I used to own a 1998 Honda Civic Hatchback, the 2 door. With the seats down in that I could definitely have fit 2 if not 3 regular size pads in the back. You'd be amazed at how much stuff will fit back there.

By Jeremy Hand
slopey
I have a 2dr integra and can fit 3 pads easily in the hatch

By boulderbum
From NY
Jun 28, 2012
you can flatten the back seat in the civic hatchback. i can fit the organic big 5" pad as well as the simple pad that i stack next to it, standing up on its side the skinny way. could actually fit a 3rd pad on top of the big pad i have laying down, but i wouldnt be able to see outta the back window at all.

so to answer your question, 2 normal pads comfortably

By michaeltarne
Jun 28, 2012
Get a Mazda 3 hatch with Skyactiv. Bigger and still amazingly fuel efficient.

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Jun 28, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.
T.C. wrote:

I'm adopting this rule because I like it. It is unlikely that anyone at my house will be shitting outside.

By Limmil
Jun 28, 2012
I use to own a 92-95 Civic Hatchback and can fit 3 pads(madrock and 2 metolius), a medium dog and 2 passengers. It can also fit a single BD Mondo but it'll be tight and definitely no rear passengers.

I was averaging 52mpg in my 93 Civic VX.

By Eamon Doyle
From Sierra Madre, CA
Headshot
michaeltarne wrote:
Get a Mazda 3 hatch with Skyactiv. Bigger and still amazingly fuel efficient.

Not to mention more inspiring to drive. The Civic is really a point-A-to-point-B kinda vehicle IMO, not so much a driver's car.

By Limmil
Eamon Doyle wrote:

Have fun being the last person up the pass, but the last person to fill up.

By Brad Caldwell
From Deep in the Jocassee Gorges
Jun 28, 2012
I've got a 4 door civic and can cram a Metolius Behemoth and a Misty Highlander in the backseat and another 2 Highlanders plus shoes and gear in the trunk. Great for a 2 person road trip without the dogs.

By Eamon Doyle
From Sierra Madre, CA
Headshot
Limmil wrote:
I totally agree! The Subaru STI wagon would be my recommendation, but I'm sure OP already made a list of pros and cons of owning a Civic. Have fun being the last person up the pass, but the last person to fill up.

Word. I love my WRX wagon. I can sleep in the back if necessary, comfortably sit 4 + gear, or 5 with my roof rack. And it's all whheeeeeee...shift....wheeeeeeeee

By Unassigned User
mountainproject.com/v/not-your...

Try that thread. Full of useless advice on everyones opinions on their own cars.

By Princess Mia
From Vail
Chillin' at City of Rocks
I can't help but wonder how many Honda's one can fit in a crash pad???

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Jun 28, 2012
How many climbers can you fit in a telephone booth? (a "telephone booth" is from another era, and people stepped inside an upright plexiglass coffin, dropped money into a slot, then made a "phone call")

By Princess Mia
From Vail
Chillin' at City of Rocks
Wow Frank! You have seen those??? I only heard about them .....
They sound scary.