How do I add GPS coordinates to an area that's missing them

By Kai Troester
From Pepperell, MA
Aug 8, 2011
me on the belay atop Book Of Solemnity P1

I want to fix the location of a few MA areas.

By kennoyce
From Layton, UT
Aug 8, 2011
Climbing at the Gallery in Red Rocks

Kai Troester wrote:
I want to fix the location of a few MA areas.

You can't unless you were the person to submit the route or area in the first place. This is one of those things that I really wish MP would change, but I guess their reasoning is that people who don't want the location of an area known could then go on and put in wrong coordinates or something like that.

By Kai Troester
From Pepperell, MA
Aug 8, 2011
me on the belay atop Book Of Solemnity P1

I could always leave a comment with the coordinates. But I'll try to contact the "owner" of the area.

I think there is more benefit to allow others to add info and possibly correct info than to protect the existing info from vandalism. I don't know the underlying structure, but a good revision control system would allow you to fix any vandalism.

Kai

By Mark Roth
From Boulder
Aug 8, 2011
not climbing

Kai Troester wrote:
Sometimes the original owner may have lost interest and doesn't have time for that kind of maintenance work. What happens in that case? Kai

If you desperately want something changed, you can just e-mail the appropriate administrator... If just leaving the info in a comment isn't satisfying enough.

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 8, 2011
Personal Photo

You can also send them to me. Include a link to the area so I don't have to search by title or make guesses.

Thanks

By Kai Troester
From Pepperell, MA
Aug 8, 2011
me on the belay atop Book Of Solemnity P1

Nick,

Thanks. I sent you an e-mail with this one and a few other MA climbing area coordinates.

Kai