Hong Kong in June

By EugeneK
From Cambridge, MA
Apr 20, 2012

I'll be working in Hong Kong in June and hope to have some free time to climb. Anyone interested in climbing, even if it's at the gym?

By jody
Apr 23, 2012

i've been living and climbing here for awhile. i would be happy to climb with you or give you some suggestions for the area.

cheers,
jody

By Patrick Gilfether
Apr 29, 2012

I too will be arriving on May 23rd and sticking around HK for about a week. I'd love to go out and climb with either of you two!

By EugeneK
From Cambridge, MA
May 2, 2012

Looks like my dates are being slipped a bit to arriving closer to mid June and staying till mid July so I'll probably won't be there when you are there Patrick.

Jody, I'll send you a PM closer to when I get there. I was wondering about gear prices in HK? Is it basically same as in the US or can good deals be found?

By Patrick Gilfether
May 2, 2012

Eugene- too bad to hear. I'll be in Yangshuo June-August, so let me know if you end up making it out that way.

By jody
May 3, 2012

Awesome to hear that you'll both be out. I'm also beginning to plan a Yangshou trip in mid-June. It's the start of the rainy season, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Gear: what kind of gear are you thinking? Generally, don't get gear here unless you need to. The selection can be hit or miss, and everything is equivalent to non-discount prices. Things don't go on sale often, and when they do it's like 5-10% off...

The exception is shoes, depending on what kind of shoes you use, and what size your feet are, you can get shoes at 20-30% lower rate than full price in the states.

Hope that helps.