GPS coords for eye bolts at the top of Long's Cable's Route...?

By ScottC
Apr 24, 2014

This is a long shot, but does anyone happen to have those? I had the great foresite to take a GPS shot there years ago, but then absent-mindedly erased the waypoint...

Thanks!

By Paul-B
Apr 25, 2014
Flakes of Wrath

It appears this photo lists them.

www.mountainproject.com/v/107745708

I'm going to try to find them tomorrow as well. I will try to remember to record them.

By ScottC
Apr 28, 2014

thanks Paul!

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Apr 28, 2014
And then you throw for a Gaston, like seriously guys. I onsighted the shit out of Levi's Stadium

Hope this helps.

By ScottC
Apr 29, 2014

I appreciate the info guys.
I think it could be pretty handy to have GPS coords if you find youself just topping out and it's dark, or a white-out, or you're dead-ass tired, or all the above, etc.
Thanks!

By Jason Killgore
From boulder, co
Apr 29, 2014

How was the snow coverage?

By csproul
From Rancho Cordova, CA
Apr 29, 2014
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the background

The Blueprint Part Dank wrote:
I was up there with Paul B on Saturday. The GPS coordinates seemed to be accurate, kind of. We had issues with the GPS the whole climb, it's an older model and had some issue really pin-pointing coordinates. But the ones in the link did about as we'll as they could. More or less, from the summit, look straight down to where the Chasm View Wall meets up with the North side of the Diamond.. There is a feint ledge moving south to north from the Diamond/Chasm View intersection. Descend down to that ledge and head to the north. You're looking for an exposed, south-facing boulder with two bolts (sans hangers) with an equalized dyneema sling girth hitched to the two exposed bolts. From there, you'll rap straight down a N facing dihedral where the actual eye-bolts start to pop up. We did one rappel off the dyneema, then two more off of eye-bolts. From there, you'll need to down climb some low angle snow until you intersect with the Boulderfield portion of the Keyhole Route. Hope this helps.

Interesting, it's been a while since I've used that rap, but I do not remember ever rapping off of bolts with no hangers. Is it possible there is another set and/or down climbing to the first eye bolt is pretty easy?

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Apr 30, 2014

csproul wrote:

The hanger-less bolts are pretty much right on top of the eye bolts. They would have been easy to miss without the dyneema/quick link. In the conditions we found the snow on the down climb, we were pretty happy to find them.