Good Single Pitch Climbs, Tuolumne Meadows

By RAZORsharp
From Carlsbad CA
Jul 16, 2013

Howdy all,

I am headed to Tuolumne this Wednesday, and have a quick question. What are some good single pitch climbs that are under 5.11b? I will have a competent belay partner, but I will be with a youth until her mom arrives later in the evening. She will have to toprope the climbs, but we have 60.70.80 meter ropes available. Thanks and cheers!

By Optimistic
From New Paltz
Jul 16, 2013

Reid guide 4th edition has appendix of suggested top ropes. Bunny Slopes is a nice place to introduce someone to slab (if that's what you're doing) but requires a leader to set the anchor. Ditto the Guide Cracks on South Flank of DAFF, but for intro crack climbing. Enjoy.

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Jul 16, 2013

Do you have a "guidebook"?

By Rob Selter
From running springs Ca
Jul 16, 2013
me

east cottage domes but it's really more like sport climbing

By Guy Keesee
From Moorpark, CA
Jul 16, 2013
Big Boulder, just a bit downhill from Temple of Kali. Alabama Hills, CA.

Dozer Dome.

11b my my....

By Matt N
From Santa Barbara, CA
Jul 16, 2013
OTL

Tideline (11a) and Bombs over Tokyo (10c) - should be no prob for ya.
Lord Caffeine would be a cruzer at 10d also.

By PeteClark
Jul 16, 2013

"Lord Caffeine would be cruzer at 10d also"

Spoken in whispered voice: Strong work, sir. Clearly one of the most heinous sandbags in Mountain Project history. You are merciless!

By RAZORsharp
From Carlsbad CA
Jul 17, 2013

Thanks for all the replies! I am definitely gonna go do Bombs over Tokyo, I was thinking Black Angel as well? Sounds stellar! The youth doesnt have to complete the climb, as my partner is capable of climbing the same grades. Not exactly worried about OS or clean leads, just something to have fun on while we wait for our caravan to get up to the area.