GA Outdoor Recreation Pass

By Bob M
From Alpharetta, GA
Oct 19, 2012
T Wall

Anyone bought these online yet? Can I put 2 in my cart, one for myself and one for my wife, or is that considered 2 for me and none for my wife? Pretty annoying if you have to do separate transactions and pay the transaction fee twice.

By Jeremy Hand
Oct 19, 2012
slopey

Where are you going? There were specific areas that required payment on Pigeon Mtn but not rocktown. Double check to make sure that the waiver is actually enforced in the are you are visiting

By Bob M
From Alpharetta, GA
Oct 19, 2012
T Wall

Pretty sure it's needed for the Lost Wall. Called and actually got a person and found out it's a separate transaction for each person, so if you have more than 2, it's cheaper to get the small group pass.

By Brad Caldwell
From Deep in the Jocassee Gorges
Oct 21, 2012

From everything that I've seen, you have to have an outdoor pass for Rocktown now...had some buddies get hassled about it last time they were there by a game warden. Jeremy, where did it mentioned that Rocktown is exempt from requiring a pass?

By Jeremy Hand
Oct 24, 2012
slopey

I never saw any signage mentioning that Rocktown was exempt but there is not a kiosk at the beginning of the trail, like there is for Lost Wall, so I assumed.

By ecessg
Oct 25, 2012

definitely need them for rocktown. i've pulled into the parking lot and the ranger was checking people as they came in.

By Jeremy Hand
Oct 25, 2012
slopey

ecessg wrote:

Thanks for the clarification

By Eliza88
Jan 2, 2014

You must purchase in advance, there is no payment box and you cannot pay the not-so-friendly rangers. It's currently a $108 fine, plus $12.50 online/phone payment fee. Ouch!
Non-payment is linked to the National network, similar to speeding tickets.

By george wilkey
From travelers rest sc
Jan 3, 2014
me

so is this something completely new, or the same thing they have had for their state parks? how much is it?

By Chuck Parks
From Atlanta, GA
Jan 3, 2014
Chuck in the final mellow section of Te Dum at the Near Trapps.

george wilkey wrote:

The GORP is new as of 2012, and applies only to certain Wildlife Management Areas (Lost Wall, Rocktown). It is an attempt to balance revenues at areas which receive far more use from non-hunters/fishers. It is generally sold per-person, and needs to be purchased in advance since there are no collection facilities on-site.

www.georgiawildlife.com/Georgia-Outdoor-Recreational-Pass

www.georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife>>>

Georgia state parks charge a parking fee per-vehicle, with fee boxes available in the parking area. The annual parking pass you can purchase for state parks (Tallulah, Cloudland) will get you nothing at the WMAs.

gastateparks.org/ParkPass