Frenchmans Couless, Vantage Wa. Cell Phone Reception?

By Nielsonru
Feb 20, 2014

Planning a trip to Vantage for Spring Break. My wife, who is pregnant and due just a couple weeks after the trip is allowing me to go, on one condition: that I have cell phone reception in case the baby comes early. Plus I don't really want to miss the birth of my first born.

I haven't really been able to find anything conclusive as to whether there would be reception there or not. My provider is Verizon and I have an Iphone 5, maybe people with a similar setup can comment on reception.

Thanks.

By frankstoneline
Feb 20, 2014

AT&T has service there. I would assume Verizon does as well.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
Feb 21, 2014
Manning face

Yes, it's not the type of place where you're going to have full bars constantly. But you'll be able to find out if your wife's gone into labor without much hassle.

Enjoy your trip. Vantage is one of the most underrated climbing areas I've ever been to. I miss that place a lot.

By climbingsolo
Feb 21, 2014
home

i can varify that you will have service. im a local up here with verizon cell service and unfortunatly, i can be found out there via cell.

By Nielsonru
Feb 25, 2014

This is great everyone. Thank you for the replies. Here's to hoping there will be no freak-snow storms mid March. This will actually be my first time there, but I have climbed quite a bit of the same kind of rock (Black Cliffs Boise, Massacre Park Idaho and other random areas in Southeast Idaho).

By Nielsonru
Feb 28, 2014

Side question. I keep reading about how busy it gets, and that there are these Spring and Summer time concerts. Is this just a weekend thing? I am planning on going during the week.

By The Blueprint Part Dank