Free new Climbing Trainer App for iPhone/iPod

By rami james
Aug 2, 2012
Me and some friends (climbers and climbing trainers) have been busy developing a climbing trainer application for iOS and the web.

I'd love to have you guys try out our beta when it debuts in September.

We are providing two methods for building training sessions, a manual system which is totally free and an algorithmic system which is by monthly subscription.

climbingmonster.com/

Thanks for taking a look!
Rami

By Morgan Patterson
Aug 2, 2012
Stoked...
Looks cool... good luck guys!

By Adam Leedy
From Austin, TX
Aug 2, 2012
Looks really nice.

Currently I use an HIIT timer app to time my hangboard workouts. It's nice because I set the warm-up time, high intensity time, recovery time, and number of repetitions. I press start and go through all of my holds adding and subtracting weight as necessry.

For 4x4's I use a running lap timer. Start when get on the wall, lap to rest, lap to start, etc...

I then log everything manually into a google docs spread sheet.

Will your app combine all of this? and more?

Do you plan to support android in the future?

My day time gig is developing Android and iOS apps and I've been contemplating putting together an Android app for my personal use that combines the process mentioned above into one app. If your app will do something similar I have no need to spend the time making it, as I'd rather be climbing/training than coding when I'm not at work.

Adam

By rami james
Aug 2, 2012

Android is coming this winter.

By Adam Leedy
From Austin, TX
Aug 2, 2012
rami james wrote:
We're going about it in a slightly different way, but yes, we are integrating HIIT exercises into our app as part of our workouts that you can build. Android is coming this winter. If you are looking for development work, get in touch with me at ramijames (at) gmail.com

email sent

By Keyan P
From Burlington, VT
Oct 8, 2012
View from top of Standard Route on Whitehorse, NH
Any progress on this? Have been waiting for it to come out.