|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|re: Mt Emerson - Southeast Face||Superclimber||6 hours ago|
|re: Camping near Luther Spires?||Paul Zander||8 hours ago|
|re: Pictures of you on Haystack (Lovers Leap) passing the buldge||Mathias||11 hours ago|
|Looking for a partner in Reno are for this coming weekend||Ashley allard||12 hours ago|
|re: climbing within walking distance from upper/lower blue lakes off 88 south of tahoe?||johnnyrig||13 hours ago|
|re: Cragmont Climbing Club (Valley 9/14) - I have some of your gear||Ed Henicle||17 hours ago|
|pink climbing shoes found at Mount Diablo, Boyscout rock this Sunday||Sergey Shelukhin||18 hours ago|
|re: Partner for Lovers Leap area, Tahoe||cstuck||1 day ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.