|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|Lost Jacket near base of Surrealistic Pillar, Lovers Leap||Angie C||3 hours ago|
|yosemite oct 1-18||NYclimber085||5 hours ago|
|re: Tuolumne Partners 8/28-9/5||Corey Todd||11 hours ago|
|Looking for a ride back from the Valley 9/9||Jay Bach||1 day ago|
|re: Potentially Moving to Mammoth (any opinions?)||Jeff Koperek||2 days ago|
|re: Bishop/Eastside Partners||Jeff Koperek||2 days ago|
|re: Is this stolen gear?||JPVallone||2 days ago|
|Partner(s) wanted - Lovers Leap Tomorrow||J.Roatch||2 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.