|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|re: CO Climber seeks partner for Sunday around SF Jan 25||SRB25||5 hours ago|
|Obscure, less crowded routes in Yosemite (if there is such a thing)||TimFromMaine||8 hours ago|
|Looking for a ride from Bishop to Reno||Jeffy P||10 hours ago|
|re: Where to climb between SF and Mendocino!||FrankPS||1 day ago|
|re: looking for climbing partners, sunnyvale, yosemite, tahoe||SRB25||2 days ago|
|Need 3rd person for anchoring clinic in Berkeley this weekend!||darrenc31||3 days ago|
|re: Looking for Tahoe partners!||christoph benells||3 days ago|
|re: Info about Lizard's Mouth & Potter's Point (Santa Barbara)||Jack Hereford||3 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.