|Consensus:||Hueco: V9 Font: 7C [details]|
|Submitted By:||ac on Aug 6, 2003|
|Climbing areas reopened after flood MORE INFO >>>|
|Comments on Fleshfest||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
Dec 10, 2008
|I heard this was once called Ice Nine... and went at V9. Reference is Benningfield's Colorado Bouldering.|
By Flash Gordon
Oct 31, 2009
From the original xerox guide, these are the problems listed for the arete going from right to left (when looking at the boulder):
Ice Nine: 20' V8* Low start, up past stopper move, then move right to the top.
Teenage Suicide: 15' V8?* Low start, up past stopper and straight up to highball top out with bottomless pit landing.
Left of Death: 20' V9 or more?* Low start, up past stopper move, then head left past more hard moves to top.
Piss Shivers: 25' V6?* Traverse between the above three about half way up the face.
By Chip Phillips
From: Broomfield, CO
Nov 1, 2009
Flash Gordon ... since I entered the majority of the Satellites problems in the database, I am curious about this original xerox guide you speak of ... who put it together? Just the Satellites Boulders or is there more to it?
Thanks in advance for your response. Send me an e-mail message if you prefer.
By Flash Gordon
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know who put it together. It contains all of the Satellite's, plus some of the Upper Satellites, and it mentions the Gutter and Compound.
The Satellite Boulders
Quality, un-chipped boulder problems in a beautiful, pristine setting - Let's keep it that way!!
1. The Bleep Traverse 30' V4*
2. Sputnik One 12' V1
3. Sputnik Two 12' V0*
Nice looking slab w/no problems as of yet
5. Aerogel 15' V6* Traverse R to the sloper, go up to edge & pull straight to horn.
6. The Hard Traverse 20' V5* Traverse R past sloper & stem over to next boulder & up.
7. The Girl-Friend Traverse 25' V5* Stay off the lip, bitch!
8. ?V7?* Sit start (now called Girldfriends Backside)
9. 15' V1
10. 10' Vhard? Start in cave and grunt up poopy holds
11. 10' Face Full of Brian V8* sit start
The BBC Boulder
12. Zero-G 12' V5* Slopers, left to arete
13. Ice Nine: 20' V8* Low start, up past stopper move, then move right to the top.
14. Teenage Suicide: 15' V8?* Low start, up past stopper and straight up to highball top out with bottomless pit landing.
15. Left of Death: 20' V9 or more?* Low start, up past stopper move, then head left past more hard moves to top.
16. O.G. 12' V4 Start back and right, move left to good top-out
17. Variations 14' V5* Same start as O.G., but top-out further left
18. The Turning Point 12' V9* Sit-start under roof, slap out right & up & top out up the face
19. Re-entry Burn 8' V5 Start on underclings & pull crimps to top
20. Balance in Nature 10' V7* Start at about waist height and go straight-up (harder) or left to top
21. Major Tom 12' V3 Low start
22. Lawn Dart 12' V1* Fun but deadly!! Low start
23. Hairy, Scary Arete 14' V? (not on the BBC)
24. Piss Shivers 25' V6* Traverse between 13 and 15 about halfway up the face.
1. Bill's Clinton V2* the tall north facing vertical face, w/ bright yellow lichen. Bad landing
2. Pebbled Pockets V4* sit start, east facing
3. Traverse L-R V2* Crack like roof thingy
4. John Glen Memorial Problem V7* Sit-start on crimps w/ feet under roof. Pull past slopers & all the way up the slab!
5. Probe V6?* Sit-start w/ bad footholds. Pull past sloping ledge & up!
6. The Long Finish V6?* High, bad landing. Finish on horn way up.
7. The Schmoopy V4* Start down on big shelf. Pull flakes up and slightly left to good hold. Descend by jumping to rock.
Other problems are indicated....
By kevin murphy
From: Lafayette, Colorado
Nov 4, 2009
|One man had the vision, one man had the courage, hang on, who was it, JAY DROEGER and Mia. OK, two men had the vision.|
By Peter Beal
From: Boulder Colorado
Apr 24, 2014
For connoisseurs of the Satellites, the common method for Fleshfest (V9) is to head right at the crux and then back left to the arete. The V10 (somewhat contrived) method tacks up the arete directly using small crimps and a pebble undercling on the left to get to the break and then finish direct.
I cleaned the holds heading left after the V10 crux to what looks like a V12 section to good holds and the top. V13/14 project?
By Cesar Valencia
May 7, 2014
rating: V9 7C PG13
|Took this down today (V9 variation). Felt so good. The actual V10 only uses the bad holds on the arete. Not many people have actually done it that way.|
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
and Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.