Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New

From Aiken, SC
Feb 16, 2013

I appreciate any help!

By C Miller
Feb 17, 2013
High Desert Sunrise, Joshua Tree NP

Those models tend to run on the small side so try your street shoe size or maybe even a half-size up from that - YMMV.

By Dustin Drake
Feb 17, 2013

My experience with 5.10 is that they run really small relative to other brands. You'll probably want to go with something close to your street shoe size or a half size under.

By Larry S
Feb 17, 2013
The wife and I road-trippin on the Connie.

I don't have those models, but in 5.10 i've got galileo's and anasazi's, and iv'e tried on a few others, my experience is street shoe size is tight performance fit, too tight for me to wear on long routes. Half a size larger for a shoe i can wear for long periods without lots of pain.

By frankstoneline
Feb 17, 2013

Kieran McMahon wrote:
I"m looking to replace a pair of La Sportiva Nago's that are in a size US men's 8 (EU 40.5) that stretched a bit. I'm looking at some Five Ten Teams or Blackwings in about 7.5 to replace them and I don't have a place near me where I could try some on so I'm doing this blind. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how the Five Tens may fit? Also, I wear a size 9 street shoe. I appreciate any help!

I wear a sz 10 or 10.5 street shoe and a sz10 in the blackwings. sz 9 or 9.5 in anasazi's.

By Rob Lilley
From Greensboro, NC
Feb 17, 2013
Bouldering at Stanage Edge, England.

Blackwings run true to size, you'll want a size 9, they will be tight (they are top end performance shoes after all), but will break in.

By AdamB
From Charlotte, NC
Feb 17, 2013
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin donation

Yea, I wear the same size street shoe as I do the Dragons and Blackwings.

By AdamB
From Charlotte, NC
Feb 17, 2013
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin donation

Yea, I wear the same size street shoe as I do the Dragons and Blackwings.

By Alex McIntyre
From Tucson, AZ
Feb 18, 2013

Dragons/Blackwings and Teams fit pretty similar and I wear my street shoe size. The Blackwings felt a bit wider than the Dragons/Teams and the 5.10 rep at the shoe demo when I tried them all on confirmed it, so keep that in mind if you narrow or wide feet.