Fellow "9 to 5er" partners

By Aaron Pence
From Boulder, CO
May 30, 2011

Like some of you out there, I have a regular work schedule. I am looking for partners to get out on weekdays after work, as schedules permit, and a long-term partner for one weekend day per week. I'd like to have a partner that I climb with every Sat. or whatever day we can get set up.

As a working stiff, sport climbing is more practical for time sake. I lead 5.10 - 5.11 sport and have 8 years of climbing experience - both trad and sport. I also do alpine adventures and it'd be great to have a partner that enjoys 3rd to easy 5th class alpine scrambles and snow climbs - but beggars can't be choosers. I'm looking for other weekend (and hopefully sometimes weekday) warriors that are reliable and safe.

"Is there anybody out there?"

By Brad Topping
May 30, 2011

Aaron - I was thinking about making a similar post. I typically have a similar work schedule and I need to find some regular partners.

I lead at least a full grade below you, although I should be able to follow at your level.

Been climbing a decade or so.

Been trad'ing for about five years. I am stuck in the 6's and 7's due to inconstant opportunities. Happy with lower grades - would like to push it a little someday.

Haven't sport climbed in a while but should be into 10's. TR up to 12- in the gym.

Alpine is a goal. Could be possible. I'm kind of slow though.

By Scott Hansen
From Westminster, CO
Jun 6, 2011
Teton beer

I too am looking for some folks with whom to climb trad and fun alpine routes. I'd like to get out most weekends and I can pull of some after work outings.

I've been climbing since '95 and have a solid rack of gear.

By Vincent Z
Jun 7, 2011
dibona

I am looking for a partner for clear creek at 6 pm till dark next wednesday, thurs or friday....
Let me know

By Zac Barr
Jun 7, 2011

I'm looking to get a few weeknights in at CCC this summer after work. 5:30 PM - dark. I like to climb 5.10 - 5.12

zacbarr@yahoo

By Andrew S.
Jun 7, 2011
Leading 5th pitch of Athletes Feat.

New to the forum, but not the site. I would love to climb with anyone here. I've done some sport and trad, but never lead trad. I have a solid harness, rope, helmet, some trad gear and a strong will. Looking for a long term partner to climb with, I dont get out much due to current partner's obligations, but would love to find a great teacher and a great friend.