Featuring Herb and Jan Conn, Black Hills climbing film.

By josh balt
From Hill City South Dakota
Oct 1, 2012
me
Winner of best short documentary in the Black Hills Film Festival, Up Not Down features Herb and Jan Conns amazing stories, and showcases Black Hills climbing talent. Funded in part from the South Dakota Artist Council and Kickstarter.

Its free to watch or download.

By Burt Lindquist
From Madison, WI
Oct 1, 2012
Trying to stay warm up on Brownstone Wall Red Rocks, NV
Just watched this and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting the link. Love the shots of the climber pulling out grass tuffs on the DT route. Great job on the climbing scene edits.... you made it very enjoyable to watch. Eric Sutton has ripped arms.... Herb and Jon are so darn cute or were...
R.I.P Herb Conn. Tater Tot is such and interesting kid having met him myself.

By Jeremy Riesberg
From Boulder, CO
Oct 1, 2012
Palisaid, SD.
This was amazing. I had the pleasure of being able to climb the needles in August, and I'm in love with the area. This video made me miss climbing there so much. Well done.

By Ed Wright
Oct 1, 2012
Magic Ed
Excellent film of one of the best climbing arenas in the USA. Before I settled down it was an integral part of my annual migration.

made clicky

By mountainhick
From Black Hawk, CO
Oct 1, 2012
Had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with Herb and Jan on several occasions many years ago. Very special and inspirational people who followed their hearts in life like not many. Sad to hear Herbie passed.

By Kevin Landolt
From Fort Collins, Wyoming
Oct 1, 2012
Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

By josh balt
From Hill City South Dakota
Oct 2, 2012
me
Thanks for checking it out everyone!

By J. Amundsen
Oct 3, 2012
I enjoyed this after my post-work run yesterday. It was very well done and seemed to end too soon!

By Dustin Drake
Oct 3, 2012
Really great video. Thank you for sharing.

By Branden Michelkamp
From Menomonie WI
Oct 3, 2012
About to enter the tunnel on Tunnel Vision in Red Rocks.
Great work Josh, it was a pleasure to meet you on your iconic solo ascent of homeward spire. I have been hearing all about this video from a bunch of people, good work man, keep it up hopefully we can climb together next time I am in the hills.

By josh balt
From Hill City South Dakota
Oct 5, 2012
me
Thanks for the complements everyone. Branden, that was a epic day for sure! In a way you met me when I was at my best and at my worst. I was feeling pretty low that day but was stoked be climbing and comfortable once i started my way up.