|East Spur is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
A long ridge of rock that juts out from the back side of East mountain and tapers to a point. Separated from East Mountain by Tabloid pass. The East Spur has several good areas with many classic problems. Some of the main areas are,
- The Maze which is usually quite crowded as there are possibly more problems here than any other area with guided access.
- The Gunks where there are classics from V1 to V12 including The Vulgarian, Fight or Flight, New Religion, Windy Ass and The Full Monty.
- Stableboy Rock which is a bit more secluded and has many nice harder problems, most of the good stuff is V8 and up.
- The Sausage Factory which sits across from The Maze and has some fun problems in the V2-V4 range as well as one of the hardest V8's in the park, The Long Haul.
- Another Problem of note is Mother of the Future which is a V9 roof crack above The Sausage Factory.
The 45 Degree Wall which is closed is also part of the East Spur.
Guided tour access only.
You typically park at campground overflow and walk around the back of East Mountain, through Tabloid Pass and then to your selected destination.
Weather station 7.7 miles from here
41 Total Routes
['4 Stars',5],['3 Stars',20],['2 Stars',10],['1 Star',6],['Bomb',0]
Browse More Classics in East Spur
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for East Spur:
Featured Route For East Spur
Flower Power V10-11 8A TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : Back of the Maze
If you are strong enough this could be an easy tick or still impossible. It all depends on how the flying ninja kick at the end goes for you, easy for some, impossible for others, though there is alternate beta which makes the problem longer.Start on a big tounge at the right end of the roof. Work your way left on sequency pockets untill you make a slap for a sloping bump on a vertical section of rock. Get a right toe hook to bump your right hand into a closer pocket. Then walk your feet through...[more] Browse More Classics in TX
Latest Regional Forum Messages