Chris E high in the corner and approaching the hea...
|East Spur is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
A long ridge of rock that juts out from the back side of East mountain and tapers to a point. Separated from East Mountain by Tabloid pass. The East Spur has several good areas with many classic problems. Some of the main areas are,
- The Maze which is usually quite crowded as there are possibly more problems here than any other area with guided access.
- The Gunks where there are classics from V1 to V12 including The Vulgarian, Fight or Flight, New Religion, Windy Ass and The Full Monty.
- Stableboy Rock which is a bit more secluded and has many nice harder problems, most of the good stuff is V8 and up.
- The Sausage Factory which sits across from The Maze and has some fun problems in the V2-V4 range as well as one of the hardest V8's in the park, The Long Haul.
- Another Problem of note is Mother of the Future which is a V9 roof crack above The Sausage Factory.
The 45 Degree Wall which is closed is also part of the East Spur.
Guided tour access only.
You typically park at campground overflow and walk around the back of East Mountain, through Tabloid Pass and then to your selected destination.
Weather station 7.7 miles from here
56 Total Routes
['4 Stars',6],['3 Stars',22],['2 Stars',17],['1 Star',11],['Bomb',0]
Browse More Classics in East Spur
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for East Spur:
Featured Route For East Spur
Jingus Bells V5 6C TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : The Maze
Crux is the last move of this climb. Maybe better rated as 5.12 a/b. Begin down and left of the obvious chalked ending. Weave your way through varried and fun moves to the end. The dyno is SICK. Don't be afraid to go for it as you land safe and sound onto the boulder behind every time. Nice to have a chalkbag on this one. ...[more] Browse More Classics in TX
Latest Regional Forum Messages