Eric the Great moving through the start
|East Spur is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
A long ridge of rock that juts out from the back side of East mountain and tapers to a point. Separated from East Mountain by Tabloid pass. The East Spur has several good areas with many classic problems. Some of the main areas are,
- The Maze which is usually quite crowded as there are possibly more problems here than any other area with guided access.
- The Gunks where there are classics from V1 to V12 including The Vulgarian, Fight or Flight, New Religion, Windy Ass and The Full Monty.
- Stableboy Rock which is a bit more secluded and has many nice harder problems, most of the good stuff is V8 and up.
- The Sausage Factory which sits across from The Maze and has some fun problems in the V2-V4 range as well as one of the hardest V8's in the park, The Long Haul.
- Another Problem of note is Mother of the Future which is a V9 roof crack above The Sausage Factory.
The 45 Degree Wall which is closed is also part of the East Spur.
Guided tour access only.
You typically park at campground overflow and walk around the back of East Mountain, through Tabloid Pass and then to your selected destination.
Weather station 7.7 miles from here
57 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',6],['3 Stars',24],['2 Stars',16],['1 Star',11],['Bomb',0]
Classic Climbing Routes in East Spur
Browse More Rock Climbing Classics in East Spur
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes for East Spur:
Featured Route For East Spur
The French Tickler V9 7C
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : Stableboy Rock and Vicinity
This route is the obvious line in the center of Stable Rock. Begins on the large sloping jugs at head height and climbs straight up through small crimps and sloping gastons to a committing lunge at the finish. Beta: Begin on the sloping jugs and take the first 1/2 pad crimp with your right hand. Heel up on the sloping jugs and reach up left hand to a good but slightly sharp gaston. Stand up and get a horrid right hand crimp, then back step the 1/2 pad crimp with your right foot and lunge fo...[more] Browse More Classics in TX
Latest Regional Forum Messages