Chris E high in the corner and approaching the hea...
|East Spur is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
A long ridge of rock that juts out from the back side of East mountain and tapers to a point. Separated from East Mountain by Tabloid pass. The East Spur has several good areas with many classic problems. Some of the main areas are,
- The Maze which is usually quite crowded as there are possibly more problems here than any other area with guided access.
- The Gunks where there are classics from V1 to V12 including The Vulgarian, Fight or Flight, New Religion, Windy Ass and The Full Monty.
- Stableboy Rock which is a bit more secluded and has many nice harder problems, most of the good stuff is V8 and up.
- The Sausage Factory which sits across from The Maze and has some fun problems in the V2-V4 range as well as one of the hardest V8's in the park, The Long Haul.
- Another Problem of note is Mother of the Future which is a V9 roof crack above The Sausage Factory.
The 45 Degree Wall which is closed is also part of the East Spur.
Guided tour access only.
You typically park at campground overflow and walk around the back of East Mountain, through Tabloid Pass and then to your selected destination.
Weather station 7.7 miles from here
62 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',7],['3 Stars',27],['2 Stars',19],['1 Star',9],['Bomb',0]
Classic Climbing Routes in East Spur
Browse More Rock Climbing Classics in East Spur
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes for East Spur:
Featured Route For East Spur
The Cornerstone AKA: Dean's Corner V6 7A TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : The Gunks
Very striking line up the steep corner with a finger crack to a moderately difficult but quite high top out onto a slab. The only real line on the wall.Get your right hand as high in the corner as you can and stand up. Arrange your feet into some sort of a wide stem and pull up as high as you can. There is a sloping edge a bit below where the crack actually opens up that you can pause on to readjust your feet or just bump off of. Claw for where the crack opens. Then get your feet up and match. L...[more] Browse More Classics in TX