Boulderers silhouetted on “Slashface.”
|East Mountain is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
Once, one of the places to be and it still is, just a bit harder to get there with the restrictions.
Many great areas await those that get on guided tours to East Mountain.
- The Dragons Den has some of the best V5's in the park and one of the best V10's in the world.
- Some of the hardest moves are found in the area of The Warm-up Roof, on Slashface and Li.
- Moonshine Roof offers one of the best V4's anywhere
- The Dark Heart provids shelter from wind, rain or sun.
- The Aircraft Carrier is a pretty exposed and somewhat intimidating location to climb at.
- Maiden Gully is a long walk, but worth it as there are many problems at different levels and you can escape the sun and wind among the boulder choked gulley.
- Home of the Stars has one of the best V6's around.
There are many other areas that are worth visiting as well, with many classic problems that you will want to do.
Guided tour access only.
Your tour will start at either pond parking or camground overflow depending on where you are headed and where your tour intends on finishing.
Weather station 8.1 miles from here
80 Total Routes
['4 Stars',14],['3 Stars',40],['2 Stars',19],['1 Star',6],['Bomb',0]
Browse More Classics in East Mountain
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for East Mountain:
Featured Route For East Mountain
Full Service V10 7C+ TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : Dragon's Den
This is the original V10 (the standard for V10, in fact) at Hueco, and is still considered by many to be the best. It was one of the most sought after ticks in the '90's – it still is for that matter.John Sherman envisioned it and had done the stand, Lip Service, when Dale sent the full rig, calling it “Serves You Right.” However, Sherman's name, "Full Service," seems to have stuck....[more] Browse More Classics in TX
Latest Regional Forum Messages
View from East Mountain. February 2010