East Mountain Rock Climbing
Boulderers silhouetted on Slashface.
|East Mountain is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
Once, one of the places to be and it still is, just a bit harder to get there with the restrictions.
Many great areas await those that get on guided tours to East Mountain.
- The Dragons Den has some of the best V5's in the park and one of the best V10's in the world.
- Some of the hardest moves are found in the area of The Warm-up Roof, on Slashface and Li.
- Moonshine Roof offers one of the best V4's anywhere
- The Dark Heart provids shelter from wind, rain or sun.
- The Aircraft Carrier is a pretty exposed and somewhat intimidating location to climb at.
- Maiden Gully is a long walk, but worth it as there are many problems at different levels and you can escape the sun and wind among the boulder choked gulley.
- Home of the Stars has one of the best V6's around.
There are many other areas that are worth visiting as well, with many classic problems that you will want to do.
Guided tour access only.
Your tour will start at either pond parking or camground overflow depending on where you are headed and where your tour intends on finishing.
Weather station 8.1 miles from here
94 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',16],['3 Stars',41],['2 Stars',23],['1 Star',13],['Bomb',0]
Classic Climbing Routes in East Mountain
Browse More Rock Climbing Classics in East Mountain
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes for East Mountain:
Featured Route For East Mountain
Moonshine Left V6 7A TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : Moonshine Roof
This less popular Moonshine route is just as classic as the others imo. Be prepared for a stout grade and quite a pump for a boulder problem. Start in the shared pockets with the V4 "Moonshine Roof", and climb onto the diving board. Where "Moonshine Roof" breaks right continue straight and around the corner thru challenging beta intensive moves. Get established under the final roof with a good left hand and enter the crux pulling over the final lip to good holds above. Some toe hook trickey...[more] Browse More Classics in TX
View from East Mountain. February 2010