Dropped 4 C4 on Frigid Air Buttress

By NickinCO
From colorado
Mar 30, 2011
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
Anyone planning on climbing it soon take a look around the base of the headwall. It got dropped by the 2nd 2 days ago and we couldn't find it. Pretty much brand new, or if you wanna send it back to us I'm sure we could hook you up!

By Doug Foust
From Henderson, Nevada
Mar 30, 2011
new toy
Headwall on the last pitch?

By NickinCO
From colorado
Mar 30, 2011
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
yep the finger crack. It was placed right after the crux where it widens up. It might be in that slot at the start of the crack or at the start of the pocketed wall.

somewhere down there
somewhere down there

By Jhernand
From Salt Lake City, UT
Mar 30, 2011
Mexican Crack in LCC SLC UT
not worried about micro fractures?

By Guy H.
From Fort Collins CO
Mar 30, 2011
Once you have Black, you will fear to go back...
Jhernand wrote:
not worried about micro fractures?

Are you talking about the crack at the at the crux? That thing felt hard for 5.9.

By TomCaldwell
From Clemson, S.C.
Mar 30, 2011
Me on One Pitch Wonder at Whitesides.  Photo credits to Kyle Jones and his lucky anti-rain jacket.
Hey, were you on it Sunday? I think my wife and I were ahead of you guys. I remember hearing you were from Chicago. Did you guys get a ticket? We ran out of the place after we retrieved our stuck ropes.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Mar 31, 2011
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
TomCaldwell wrote:

Yep that was us. We had a late exit pass so we were good until 9. We got down right at 7 but had to get back to the start to get the rest of our gear which proved to be a little harder than I thought in the darkness. We made it to the parking lot by 8:40 after searching for our stuff for about an hour.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Mar 31, 2011
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
Jhernand wrote:
not worried about micro fractures?

nope I have x-ray vision.

By Jon O'Brien
From Nevada
Mar 31, 2011

:-)

jon

By Jhernand
From Salt Lake City, UT
Apr 18, 2011
Mexican Crack in LCC SLC UT
Jon O'Brien wrote:
micro fracturing does not happen in forged aluminum, this is an urban myth that has long been dispelled... if you have dropped gear and aren't using it, send it to me! LOL... :-) jon

really? wow... who knew! i always thought they were a real threat...

tell me more Jon...

i think we should really discuss this topic... im still not convinced

By JitsClimber
From Broomfield,Co
Apr 18, 2011
Me doing my Jits thing (what I do when not climbing)
Hey Jon,

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Apr 18, 2011
JitsClimber wrote:
Hey Jon, Open up a new thread to talk about micro fractures by chance? sounds like it could be an interesting topic.

or you can do a search on it on this site or rc.com- microfractures are an urban legend- there are dozens of threads out there covering the subject.

suffice to say, any damage to aluminum in climbing gear will be visible to the naked eye. inspect your gear closely, make sure any burrs are removed with a file (gently), and you're good to go.

By Dan Petty
From Colorado Springs, CO
Apr 30, 2011
Overlooking Roanoke, VA after completing the Blue Ridge Marathon the previous day.
Nope. Microfractures are real. Send me all gear dropped more than a bodylength.