Donate static ropes for Boulder Canyon tyrols

By Rich Farnham
Apr 10, 2014

Two years ago I put out the call for old static ropes to replace a few tyrols in the canyon and was impressed with the response. I think I got two used ropes (with plenty of life left) and two people actually gave me new ropes!

It's that time again. I've got a few scraps left, and will use them where I can, but a few of the tyrols will need to be replaced this year and I need more rope. I'd like to get this done before the spring melt really gets going.

If you have a static rope you can donate, send me a PM through the site. Before anyone asks, dynamic ropes don't work that well. I'd rather do this with static.

Thanks!

By Robots and Dinosaurs
Apr 10, 2014

Don't have a rope to donate but thanks for doing what your doing.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Apr 10, 2014
At the BRC

Any chance the BCC could broker a sponsorship deal with one of the rope companies for free or discounted tyrol ropes?

Regardless, I don't have any old statics, but can cough up a few dollars if needed Rich - just PM me.

By Cor
Apr 11, 2014
black nasty

Bump for a good cause!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Apr 11, 2014
Bocan

Yeah bump....never even owned a static, but thanks for what you do!

By matt c.
Apr 11, 2014

give the man your old static rope! thanks for doing what you do.

By Jorge Pantalones
From PRB, CO
Apr 11, 2014
Moi

No static rope but pm me for cash donation if you need to buy new rope. & Thank you!!

By Rich Farnham
Apr 11, 2014

So far I've heard from one person that has a rope to donate, and two or three people that are offering to donate cash. The donate option is generous, but I'm not really sure how I'd work that out. Can an individual do that on paypal? or do I need to be a 501c3, or some annoying thing like that?

For now, let's hope that people have ropes to offer to keep things simple. Keep posting up if you're willing to donate cash, and if we need to go that route I'll get in touch with you.

Thanks everyone!

By Rich Farnham
Apr 13, 2014

Snow day bump...

Who's got static ropes to donate?

By R Klass
From Fort Collins, CO
Apr 16, 2014
Houghton

Sterling Polystatic 10mmx60m
Sterling Polystatic 10mmx60m

I have this Sterling Polystatic 10mmx60m to offer. It's lightly used and I've been keeping it around for such a use.

I'd love to come along and help out with the installation. I use these tyrols often so I'm psyched to contribute.

By Rich Farnham
Apr 16, 2014

R Klass wrote:
I have this Sterling Polystatic 10mmx60m to offer...

Thanks! I got your email. I'll get in touch soon.

Who else has rope? We're getting there, but I still need more.

Someone has a haul line that they bought when they thought they were going to get into bigwall climbing, but now realizes it's way more fun to not haul and just do it in a day! Donate that rope to keep access to your favorite BoCan crags so you can get in shape for your wall-in-a-day!

By Brenda Leach
Apr 16, 2014

The Colorado Mountain Club, Boulder Group, may have a static rope or 2 that can be donated. No guarantees yet, but I'll check and get back to you. Thanks for putting up new tyroleans!

By Brent Apgar
From Out of the Loop
Apr 18, 2014
Me and Spearhead

Rich Farnham wrote:

I don't have a rope but I can answer this. Yes, you can donate money through paypal. If you have an account with them you can send money to friends/family with no surcharge.
Or if you'd like to check into itSquare Cash is pretty handy. Both parties do need to have an ATM card but otherwise it's as easy as sending an email.
Hope that helps and thanks for the work getting Bocan ready for the spring.
cheers,
BA

By Rich Farnham
Apr 20, 2014

Huge thanks to the Colorado Mountain Club, Boulder Chapter for donating two burly static ropes with plenty of life left in them! I've got a line on two other ropes, which if they show up should give me enough to get everything done this season. I'll post up here if I need more.

However, if anyone has a static rope sitting around taking up space, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. If it doesn't get used this year, it'll get used next year.

By Jon H
From Boulder
Apr 20, 2014
At the matching crux

I'm moving to Boulder in 2 months. Will bring 150' of static line with me to immediately donate to the tyrols. Hope you can still use it on July 1.

By Rich Farnham
Apr 20, 2014

Jon - congrats on your upcoming move! Shoot me a message when you get here, and I'll grab that rope from you.

Thanks!!