Devil's Lake Century Challenge 2012
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By jaysquared
From Madison, WI
Apr 22, 2012

Following the success of last yearís Devilís Lake Centennial Climbing Challenge, Hoofer Mountaineering club has decided, once again, to organize a climbing fundraiser for Devilís Lake. This year, the Devilís Lake Century Climbing Challenge hopes to exceed last yearís $500 donation to the Friends of Devilís Lake, a local nonprofit that supports activities and maintenance at Devilís Lake State Park.

The goal of the event is to challenge individuals to explore and experience Devilís Lake by attempting to climb 100 routes in 2012, and to give back to the area by supporting Friends of Devilís Lake. There are three categories Ė top-rope, lead, and boulder. One hundred unique routes can be completed in one or more of these categories. You can keep track of your routes by downloading a scorecard here. While climbing 100 routes is the goal, it is by no means necessary for participation. The primary purpose of this event is to give back to Devilís Lake and ensure access for future climbers.

With your minimum $35 donation, you will receive a 2012 Devilís Lake Century Climbing Challenge t-shirt, as well as a booklet full of coupons from our sponsors including: Adventure Rock, Boulders, Wildside, Fontana and Martyís Pizza.

Check back often for updates! Registration will be opening in the coming week. For more information, please visit hoofersdlcc.wordpress.com or email uwmtnrs@gmail.com. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook

By Woodchuck ATC
Apr 22, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Was awesome fun last year...doubt if I'm gonna get enough trips up there this year to complete many climbs though. Hope it is another success!!

By jaysquared
From Madison, WI
May 1, 2012

Registration is now open! Check out the registration page of the blog for more information and to download the registration form.

Feel free to post any questions here or on our Facebook page.

By Carl Sherven
May 6, 2012

In addition to being entered into the raffle drawings at the end of the year, all participants receive a coupon booklet with the following deals (some restrictions apply):
- One free day pass to Adventure Rock Climbing Gym
- 25% off one item at the pro shop at Adventure Rock Climbing Gym
- One free day pass to Boulders Climbing Gym
- 20% off one item at the pro shop at Boulders Climbing Gym
- Two free day passes to Turners Climbing Gym
- 25% off one item at Riverwest Outdoors (pro shop at Turners)
- 20% off one item at Fontana (Madison West and Downtown)
- 20% off one item at Erehwon
- 20% off one entire purchase at Wildside (Baraboo)
- Buy one, get one free 16" pizza at Glass Nickel Pizza Company (Madison Locations)
- Buy one, get one free salad at Glass Nickel Pizza Company (Madison Locations)
- One large 1-topping pizza for $13.99 at Marty's Pizza (Brookfield and Delafield)
- One 14"x26" 3-topping pizza for $27.99 at Marty's Pizza (Brookfield and Delafield)

All participants will be able to attend our end of year dinner/awards shindig at Boulders Climbing Gym. Pizza will be provided, courtesy of Glass Nickel Pizza Company. Last year we had an after party at Ale Asylum with special prices; we're hoping to have that again this year.

All participants will receive our event shirt. Here's the front of the shirt that all participants will receive. This is also available, same color, in ladies sizes with a different cut.

2012 Devils Lake Century Climbing Challenge shirt.  Front, men's.  There will be a ladies shirt as well with the same design, but different material cut.
2012 Devils Lake Century Climbing Challenge shirt. Front, men's. There will be a ladies shirt as well with the same design, but different material cut.

By angieL
From Madison, WI
May 6, 2012
axe in dryerhose

wow! the shirts look so cool! Just need to turn in my forms and I'll be set! Already adding to my list of climbs

By Carl Sherven
May 7, 2012

angieL wrote:

We've been getting a lot of positive feedback on the shirt, so I figured the people responsible should get some credit. The shirt was based on a photo taken by Josh Schmale, and the design was done by Nic Boehm at Green Ts.

By Burt Lindquist
From Madison, WI
May 8, 2012
Trying to stay warm up on Brownstone Wall Red Rocks, NV

Carl?

The jpg of the shirt design doesn't appear to be working (at least at my computer at work). Any place else on the interweb I can view it?

I just gotta see it!

By Carl Sherven
May 8, 2012

Here's a direct link to the large jpg. Give that a try for now and let me know if it works. We'll post it on our event website, but the two people who do that are studying for finals, so it may take until later this week for them to have time.

By Woodchuck ATC
May 8, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

I tried the direct link and also have been getting a red X, no pic nothing comes up. Any other pic you can attach here at MP? Usually have no problem, so must be the format the pic is in I'd guess.

By Carl Sherven
May 8, 2012

Is this showing up? The other was a pdf; this is a jpg.

2012 DL Century Challenge Shirt, Front
2012 DL Century Challenge Shirt, Front

By Carl Sherven
Oct 24, 2012

Bump. Only one week left to sign up.

By Woodchuck ATC
Oct 24, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Carl Sherven wrote:
Is this showing up? The other was a pdf; this is a jpg.

NICE,,!! Better than the original shirt last year I say.

By Carl Sherven
Oct 25, 2012

Woodchuck ATC wrote:
NICE,,!! Better than the original shirt last year I say.

It can still be yours. The shirt itself is from the same product line as last year's. Same comfy material, but won't show dirt as badly after a day at the crag. The design is based on a photo taken by a member of our club, and the person on the rock is another member or our club.

Did I mention it can still be yours?

By Woodchuck ATC
Oct 25, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Blew my efforts and time last year for the original 100 climbs, and came in 5th. Never got there to climb much this year to reach the totals. But I'd buy the shirt if you have extras later.

By Carl Sherven
Oct 25, 2012

We'll probably have a few shirts remaining when we're done. We may have one in your size, but the only way to be sure not to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity is to buy now.... Operators are standing by... :)

By Jeremy1701
Oct 26, 2012
Devils Lake

Carl Sherven wrote:

So, goofy question... How can we buy now?

By Carl Sherven
Oct 26, 2012

Jeremy1701 wrote:
So, goofy question... How can we buy now?

You can head to our event registration page and print off the registration form/waiver. Fill them out and either mail them to Boulders Climbing Gym, or Adventure Rock Climbing Gym. Boulders can take cash or check for this event, and A-Rock can take cash, check, or credit. Make checks payable to the gym you will be turning your forms into.

By Woodchuck ATC
Oct 27, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

OK,I'm up for the excellent shirt, the donation goes to a good cause, like to get a coupon book and will submit my few climbs done this year just for the fun of it. Not in the running for any title I'm sure this time.

By Gokul
Oct 27, 2012
At the "summit"

That's awesome - thanks Woodchuck!

By Kris Peterson
From rockton,il
Oct 29, 2012
never leave home without one

Hey! I'm in for this. Doubt I'll get enough climbs in, but it sure sounds like fun!Plu s, give me some motivation to get off my butt!

By Juggler
Nov 1, 2012
Ice at SR

Carl Sherven wrote:
Bump. Only one week left to sign up.

The Registration Form says Nov. 30, 2012 is the Deadline? Which is it?

By Gokul
Nov 1, 2012
At the "summit"

We've extended the deadline to Nov 30 to accommodate some last minute requests. If you've decided to register though, please sign up as early as possible. This will ease logistical difficulties for us near the end of the year, and give you more time to enjoy your coupons.

By Woodchuck ATC
Nov 1, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Registration and completed score sheets sent by US mail to you this week. Thanks for the opportunity once again.

By Jeremy1701
Nov 5, 2012
Devils Lake

I signed up. It's a good cause, even if I'm no where near 100 climbs at Devil's Lake. Plus, it's a pretty cool shirt to commemorate my first year of outdoor climbing.

By Gokul
Nov 8, 2012
At the "summit"

By roger fritz from rockford, IL
Nov 12, 2012
Wichita Mountains, Sunshine Wall

Gokul wrote:
Jeremy, thanks for the donations. T-shirts should be heading your way (to the address we have on file for you) in the coming week. Other recent registrants should also be getting T-shirts in about a week from now. We had to put in a new order that should be coming in to us in the next few days. We'll send them out to you folks as soon as we get them.

If i register this week, will there be a T available? Is there a date set for the party yet? Last year I missed the party :(

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>