Deep water soloing in Crete?

By Sam Schabacker
Jan 3, 2014

Does anyone have any info about possible deep water soloing opportunities in Crete? I've heard a few rumors, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete.

Thanks!

By Simon76
Mar 20, 2014

Hi Sam,

New to the forum so only just saw this. I'm currently in Crete and am about to start developing DWS sites around the Chora Sfakion area. Was down there yesterday and the headland to the east is looking good. Also a couple of sections to the west towards Lutro are looking ok. Will be on the next week so will post some GPS data and photos.

Simon

By Sam Schabacker
Mar 20, 2014

Hi Simon-

Thanks for the note. I'll be very interested to hear info and see photos! We're heading out in a few months and would be excited to check it out.

Sam

By Simon76
Mar 27, 2014

Hi Sam,

Just back from three days DWS in the Chora Sfakion / Lutro area.

There are some good sites for DWS. It's not in the same league as Vietnam but still good. I've got gps coords and photos to pass. I can put it on power point and email it direct if that's easier as not sure how to do it on this website! So send me your email if you want. Also going to put it to the climb in crete website.

Simon

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
Mar 27, 2014
Lone goat..

Been to Corfu, Island

Corfu, Greece
Corfu, Greece

And Zakynthos, Island
Zakynthos
Zakynthos

There's a ton of little island off the coast of Greece, Crete is one of the biggest. They are all just hunks of limestone sticking out of the Sea. I'd be surprised if there wasn't DWS on every single one of them. Every single Island, endless limestone. Would love to got Crete, please post up what you find!

By Benoit
Apr 28, 2014

Hi Simon,

I'm spending the next 2 weeks in Crete and would love to check the DWS spots around hora skafion!

It would be awesome if you have a few pics and GPS loc.

And let me know if you're around!

Benoit