Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Could Mtn Project use Google Maps?

By rob rebel
From boulder, co
May 8, 2012
I get excited over a large desert rack

Not sure how it would work but it would be great if mountain project could use google mapping to map out climbing areas. That way if you were in colorado and wanted to road trip you would click on colorado and see all the climbing areas around the state and neighboring states.

Is this possible? Just thinking how handy this would be for figuring out what places to vist, directions, etc. It seems more and more websites are using their mapping for their products/directions.

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
May 8, 2012
Mt. Agassiz

Click "browse this area on a map" on the state's destination page.

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
May 8, 2012
Mt. Agassiz

You can also click on any area on that map to bring you to that area's page. From here, you can click on "browse this area on a map" again to see a breakdown of the different areas within that destination (and so on, and so forth).

By RockinOut
From NY, NY
May 8, 2012
Gear

Ryan Nevius wrote:

But that doesnt help to see the "big picture." I think he is talking about seeing all areas in all the states on a zoomed out google map. Not an individual state or area. Currently there is no way to get an "over-view map" of climbing destinations here on MP

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
May 8, 2012
Mt. Agassiz

RockinOut wrote:

Gotcha. Though it doesn't take much to click on each of the states individually, it would be nice to be able to pan freely between states.

By rob rebel
From boulder, co
May 9, 2012
I get excited over a large desert rack

Thanks. I dont know how I missed this and it would be nice to pan freely between states but this helps alot.