Copies of New England climbing movies?

By jim.dangle
May 21, 2013

Anyone know where I can any copies of Uncommon Ground or the Benedictus movie (full length)?

Any other good New England climbing movies out there?

Jim

By Todd Anderson
May 23, 2013

The Benedictus movie is on Vimeo. Apparently I can't link to it on this forum, so go to "vimeo.com" and append "/17066991".

Never heard of Uncommon Ground; some Googling suggests you have to pay for it.

By Brendan Blanchard
From Strafford, NH
May 23, 2013
Obi Wan Ryobi - Darth Vader Crag, Rumney NH

I haven't been able to find Uncommon Ground either. It's at several retailers online, but $29.95 for 45 minutes of climbing, from over a decade ago? That's steeeep.

By jim.dangle
May 23, 2013

Todd, thanks for the link. Definitely a cool movie. There is also supposed to be an hour long version out there that I would love to see sometime.

Brendan, I'm in the same boat with regard to the price. I would have though there were used copies floating around somewhere but no luck.

Jim

By Morgan Patterson
May 23, 2013
Stoked...

That Benedictus movie was rad! thnx for sharing...

By Doc from Rocksport
May 23, 2013
camp heaven...Ruth Arm

A climber, who at the time was a Skidmore student, made a film in 2010 called "Sick. Climbing in New England ".

Might be hard to come by...I don't think we have a copy of it at the gym any longer.

By Taylor de Lench
Aug 4, 2013

Hi guys, Sick. Climbing in New England is free to watch here:

Enjoy!

By jim.dangle
Aug 5, 2013

Hi guys, Sick. Climbing in New England is free to watch here:

Thanks!

By Mark Trotta
From Latham, NY
Aug 6, 2013
On top of Noonmark, 'Dacks

I really liked "Sick" and The Benedictus movie. Hats off to the ones who put those together. I'd love to see more from the area. Helps the desk job to go by much faster.

By Chris Duca
From Havertown, PA
Aug 7, 2013
Finishing up Elusive Dream at the King Wall.  Adirondacks, NY.

'Uncommon Ground' is worth every cent. Buy it!