Cochise Stronghold guidebook announcement

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Jul 14, 2014
Toofast
Hey all,

I just made Toofast's first guidebook available for sale:

Toofast Topos: 50 Multipitch Climbs in Cochise Stronghold

The book is available in PDF format at this address:

toofasttopos.com/purchase.html

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jul 14, 2014
Day Lily.
Good job dude! Very cool.

By NC Rock Climber
From The Oven, AKA Phoenix
Jul 14, 2014
tanuki
Awesome.

By Red
From Arizona
Jul 14, 2014
Cobra Kai
Wow, only $9! That's awesome Geir.

By Joe G
From Phoenix, AZ
Jul 14, 2014
That's awesome bro! Thanks for all the hard work at such an affordable price!

By Christian
From Casa do Cacete
Jul 14, 2014
Ooops...
Go Toofast!

By Laine
From Reno, NV
Jul 17, 2014
Approach to Washington Column
Cochise climbers, please voice your opinion regarding the designation of Cochise as wild backcountry land-use zone verses letting it move to wilderness designation. Personally, while I feel bolting activities should be a practice of discretion, wilderness designation is often accompanied by less than ideal fixed anchors that degrade over time and it encourages the use of webbing, cord, and other unsightly soft goods that are left behind and end up as trash. It also can lead to serious access issues. I feel bolting practices should be standardized in the area to ensure that the minimal fixed hardware that is used, stays in good condition for many decades and requires little maintenance. Let your voice be heard.

accessfund.org/c.tmL5KhNWLrH/b...

By manuel rangel
From Tempe, Arizona
Jul 18, 2014
Yes, please take action. It's easy. I would like it to remain as is.

Good work on the guide Geir, love my copy.

By Scott M. McNamara
From Tucson, Arizona
Jul 28, 2014
One Way Sunset
Amazing guidebook; amazing price. Really well done! I do not know how you ever found the time.

I just had it printed and bound and it looks beautiful!

Wow!

Thanks, Geir!

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Jul 28, 2014
Toofast
Wow that is great Scott! Terrific!!

Thanks to all of you for your positive remarks!

Also thanks to all of the folks who have purchased the guide. It is really exciting to be finished with the first edition.

By Joe Brophy
From San Diego
Jul 30, 2014
Geir,

After I paid I clicked the 'return to paypal@geir.com' but it never opened. I PM'ed you to see if you can help me. Looking forward to downloading the book.

Thanks,
Joe Brophy

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Jul 31, 2014
Toofast
Thanks Joe I am glad we got that working for you. If anyone else hits that glitch let me know and I will email you a link right away.

Thanks to all of you who have purchased the guide!

By Joe Brophy
From San Diego
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks again for all the hard work on this guide Geir. Very impressed by your work and dedication. Southern Arizona climbers are blessed to have such cool areas. I feel lucky to visit when I can.

Joe.

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Aug 16, 2014
Toofast
Thanks Joe!! The Stronghold is truly an amazing place. The temps are coming down and I am psyched for prime Rockfellow season!

By ikstew
From San Luis Obispo, CA
Aug 18, 2014
Thanks Geir! A great collection of topos which really made for an awesome January trip this year. I'm stoked to be able to contribute to the cause.

Keep it up!

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Sep 6, 2014
Toofast
Bump for beautiful temps in the Stronghold!! (Although it's a little buggy in places so consider bringing along some repellant.)

I have had a number of requests for a print version of the book. I am happy to announce that this will be available shortly. For individuals who have already purchased the PDF guide, I am planning to offer a reduced price for the print version as a thanks for supporting my efforts. Simply contact me if you'd like to take me up on this offer.

I will post up here when the print version is available for sale. Climb safely and thanks!

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Sep 12, 2014
Toofast
We have had a lot of requests for a print version of Toofast Topos. We are pleased to announce that we are now producing them through CreateSpace. We are really pleased with the quality of the finished guide.

We will begin shipping the guides on 9/29. If you would like to purchase the print version of the guide, you can do so at:

toofasttopos.com/purchase.html

Thanks and climb safely!

The proof at home with the rest of the gear!
The proof at home with the rest of the gear!

By Mike Diesen
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Sep 12, 2014
Did you correct the mistakes before you printed it?

By Joe G
From Phoenix, AZ
Sep 12, 2014
Hell yeah! Print and download for the stronghold, strong work Geir . Cant wait for my copy.

Joe

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Sep 23, 2014
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"
I just now dug my copy out of the mail. Great work Geir! And many props to anyone who helped out.
-Mackley