Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Climbing Tattoos
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Sep 11, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
Hello all, I am looking a tattoo and I want it to represent something i love, so climbing! I have looked around the internet and have seen a few ideas but none that seem super cool! I don't want it too big either kind of small actually. If you have any ideas, id love to hear them! Thanks!!

FLAG
By jhn payne
Sep 11, 2012
"Ragin Cajun" 5.12c Jackson Falls, So Il.
This reminds me of a friend who brought along a new guy and he came back a few times and very shortly showed up with the Sportiva Logo the one with the climbing on the moon theme tattoo, it looked good but then he faded from the scene I and never saw him again,I've always wondered if he had second thoughts after such a brief period of climbing, but that was a cool logo.

FLAG
By dbrizzle
Sep 11, 2012
Go big or go home get a big Nike swoosh branded on your chest.

FLAG
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 11, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
If you're 17 like your profile says wait a few years. I got my first tattoo at 17 and regret it... matter of fact I'm not sure of anyone that doesn't regret ink they got when they were a teenager.

FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Sep 11, 2012
Stoked...
Yer Gonna Die... or a big phatty Mountain Project Logo on your forehead?

FLAG
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Sep 11, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.
May I recommend Johnny Chimpo wearing a harness. If you don't know of Johnny Chimpo, just google him. You'll love it. Guaranteed.

FLAG
By Jeff J
From Bozeman
Sep 11, 2012
Sam Owens wrote:
Hello all, I am looking a tattoo and I want it to represent something i love, so climbing! I have looked around the internet and have seen a few ideas but none that seem super cool! I don't want it too big either kind of small actually. If you have any ideas, id love to hear them! Thanks!!



Alright CHILD, dont ask people on the internet for tattoo ideas. This HAS to be your ideas, your art and your dession. A tat is personal and its a statment of who/what/ect you are about. If you dont have the immagination to come up with your own ideas than dont get a tat.

But since you asked I recomend a alpine butterfly on your lower back.

FLAG
By Dankasaurus
From Lyons, CO
Sep 11, 2012
Get something large and colorful on your calf muscle. Those are wicked cool. Whenever I see some stud with a bold calf tattoo I am jealous because I know that dude is gettin' laid. Go for it bro!

FLAG
 
By Dave-o
From Boulder,CO
Sep 11, 2012
Sick Hello Kitty Tat!!!
Sick Hello Kitty Tat!!!

FLAG
By rorschah
Sep 11, 2012
I almost convinced my climbing partner to get "5.9 offwidth R/X" tattooed over her ass.

Everytime she ges a few beers in her, she decides again that she's definitely going to do it.

FLAG
By handon broward
From Westminster, CO
Sep 11, 2012
Elk Range, CO
Jake Jones wrote:
May I recommend Johnny Chimpo wearing a harness. If you don't know of Johnny Chimpo, just google him. You'll love it. Guaranteed.

Johnny Chimpo is such an amazing idea! Im impressed by the name drop man. This thread is one of the best I've seen in a while. Keep it going.

FLAG
By Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Sep 11, 2012
Saw a guy with a pink tricam on the inside of his bicept. Also new a guy with the front range and 303 tattooed on his back... that was bad ass.

Personally, I would not get a climbing specific tattoo. Take some halucinogenic drugs and come up with something personal and unique.

FLAG
By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Sep 11, 2012
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord
definitely a tramp stamp of the MP logo.

-OR-

a #1 camalot or tricam on your arm.

FLAG
By J. Albers
From Colorado
Sep 11, 2012
Bucky
There is a guy at my gym that has a tattoo of a quickdraw slung over his shoulder.

Its totally rad and he gets mega chicks because of it. You should do that.

(I wish I could say that I am lying about the guy with the tattoo...sigh)

Darren Mabe wrote:
tricam on your arm.


Just make sure its the pink tricam. You want your tattoo to be as clutch as possible.

FLAG
By Cory
From Boise, ID
Sep 11, 2012
Relaxing in the Tuttle Creek Campground after a fun day in the Hills
Darren Mabe wrote:
a #1 camalot or tricam on your arm.


Why go small when you can go big? How about a full sized Valley Giant on your chest?

FLAG
By Dan Cucci
Sep 11, 2012
A coil of rope (scaled down) on top of your foot, going up to the belayer on your shin, and continuing up and around your leg, behind your knee and up your hamstring to the first two cams, only the ends of which can be seen, at your crack. (Colored appropriately for crack size and clipped to the rope.) The rope continues up a buttock and up the back to the next cam at the arm pit. The lobes can be tattooed on your side (hidden when your arm is down) for extra effect. The rope continues up the side of your neck, under the ear and onto your cheek and again clipped, this time at the bomber nut placement in your ear. The rope traverses to the nose (once an aid pitch, but now it goes free), up the side, over the brow to the leader, just now about to top out the pitch.

Next tattoo (few people can stop with just one) is the rap down the front side.

FLAG
 
By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Sep 11, 2012
dream canyon fun!
don't take drugs an think up a tat! that shit is no joke.. it's for life you could end up with some weird stuff ...

FLAG
By Mark Lewis
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Sep 11, 2012
Dan Cucci wrote:
A coil of rope (scaled down) on top of your foot, going up to the belayer on your shin, and continuing up and around your leg, behind your knee and up your hamstring to the first two cams, only the ends of which can be seen, at your crack. (Colored appropriately for crack size and clipped to the rope.) The rope continues up a buttock and up the back to the next cam at the arm pit. The lobes can be tattooed on your side (hidden when your arm is down) for extra effect. The rope continues up the side of your neck, under the ear and onto your cheek and again clipped, this time at the bomber nut placement in your ear. The rope traverses to the nose (once an aid pitch, but now it goes free), up the side, over the brow to the leader, just now about to top out the pitch. Next tattoo (few people can stop with just one) is the rap down the front side.


That's funny as hell! Well described!

FLAG
By JoeR
From Eugene, OR
Sep 11, 2012
I've always thought about getting a bolt w/hanger inked in a couple inches away from my ass crack. Girlfriend vetoes the idea.

Ass tattoos are nice and easy to keep hidden.

Tattoos are also expensive, why not just spend the cash on more climbing gear or a roadtrip?

FLAG
By skeeter
From Lakewood CA
Sep 11, 2012
just have them spell out "i (heart) climbing"

edit: make sure to make it BIG, the bigger the tattoo, the more expensive to have it removed

FLAG
By Ian Stewart
Sep 11, 2012
Start with a bolt positioned on your belly button, and a quickdraw clipped into that hanging down. It should hang down enough so that the lower carabiner goes around your junk, making your dong look like the rope clipped into it. Then you can go around showing off to all the pretty girls, telling them to "take".

FLAG
By Mark8173
From Superior, Co
Sep 11, 2012
That's a good one Ian. I was thinking of a bolt hanger on the nipple with a real draw pierced through!

FLAG
By VerticalUrge
Sep 11, 2012
JoeR wrote:
I've always thought about getting a bolt w/hanger inked in a couple inches away from my ass crack.


you coulda started an ethics war on bolting cracks with that one

FLAG
By Rigggs24
From Denver, CO
Sep 11, 2012
Eldo Painting
a climber accross your chest with a heal hook on one nipple and a hand on the other

or

a nut on your thigh marking the extent of your sack with your age on one end. This could be updated through time to show how much gravity has effected your sack throughout life....

FLAG
 
By Dan Mottinger
Sep 11, 2012
Me on the Summit of Castleton
definitely do a full size rope coil backpack on your back with a few strands going over your shoulder and some tied off at your waist.

FLAG
By BigJuggsjohnson
Sep 11, 2012
Stones
Here's a good climbing tatoo
Here's a good climbing tatoo

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>