Climbing company, end of March.

By luka
Feb 19, 2014
Dear fellow climbers,
with my gf are making an road trip trough CA and are looking for some climbing. We are from Europe, Slovenia and are both experienced climbers.

We'll pass Palm springs at the end of March(26.-27.) If there's somebody willing to show us the area we'd be very pleased. We can share experiences and beer:)
We're fine with trad, sport or bouldering. We are limited with equipment, though.

take care,
Luka

By ErinKM
Feb 26, 2014
Hi, Luca!

My name is Erin and I'm going to J Tree for a roadtrip from March 26-March 29. Unfortunately, I don't have gear to provide, but I am planning to meet up with some cool people there and meet some new friends. I have been climbing for two years, and am just getting into leading. If anything you, me and your girlfriend could join forces and seek out other cool, exciting people to climb with at J Tree! Let me know.

Cheers!
Erin

By luka
Feb 27, 2014
Hi Erin,
well, the time seems perfect! We plan to go from LA at 27th or 28th. We're climbing 10yrs or so, so lead should be no problem. If we won't find any rope, we can still go bouldering:)

Do you know if we need some kind of pass for the area?
Is it wise to buy state park pass in advance?

Thanks,
Luka

By Avi Katz
Feb 27, 2014
Luka,

If you make it to Joshua Tree you shouldn't have a hard time finding partners. I'll be there all spring climbing and many others will too. To enter Joshua Tree National Park you'll need a park pass (valid for 7 days) that you can buy at the park entrance. I think its $10.

If you swing by the main camping areas like Hidden Valley Campground, and chat with people you'll meet all the partners you could want.

I should be in the area and am always looking for new partners. My girlfriend and I have plenty of gear, but no crashpads

By mark felber
From Wheat Ridge, CO
Feb 27, 2014
entry to Joshua Tree is now $15, and an annual pass to all the national parks (and lots of other federal lands) is $80. nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/fee...

I will be in either Joshua Tree or Red Rocks from March 26-April 2, still trying to decide exactly where to spend that week.

By slk
From Reno, NV
Feb 27, 2014
me
P.M. Todd Gordon, the Mayor of Joshua Tree. He's on this site. He'll steer you in the right direction.

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Feb 28, 2014
I live in joshua tree and climb often;...call me up........talk to you soon.....(7600 366-9395. you can also contact me here or on facebook....

By doug rouse
From Denver, CO.
Feb 28, 2014
Wow! This General Tso's chicken is really good!

By ErinKM
Feb 28, 2014
Sounds awesome, Luca. You can just get a pass upon entering the park. A day pass is $15 and lasts a week, and a year pass is $30, I believe. If you and girlfriend plan on frequenting J Tree, buying the year pass would be your best move. I'll get in touch with you more as the weeks leading up to the trip progress!

Erin

By John Ericson
From Murrieta, CA
Mar 2, 2014
Just after the opening crux on P2.
I would keep an eye on the weather at Tahquitz. Despite common belief, the south side is still climbable this time of year. Highs are around 15-20 deg C this coming weekend.

mountainproject.com/v/tahquitz...

By luka
Mar 3, 2014
Dear all,
Thanks for useful information. Lets stay in touch.

Ps: we can enjoy only winter climbing right now:)

By luka
Mar 25, 2014
Hi folks,
We re flying to LA now. I hope to see you in couple of days.

Luka

By luka
Apr 19, 2014
Dear All,
We are back home and I feel obligated to write a short sum up. We weren't able to meet with Todd - got his wife on the phone, but then we didn't have reception in park itself - maybe next time.

Without proper gear all we did was bouldering. But what boulders there are! Excellent rock, great surroundings, incredible rock formations. And friendly people. Everybody was willing to rent a crash pad.
We did couple of harder ones and couple of easy, like the Womb.

We were there just in time of spring break and all the camps were full. Still it's very easy to sleep at BSC trails, following the regulations.

We continued to GC, Zyon, Bryce, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite. A nice and recommendable trip.

Take care and thanks again for useful information,
Luka