Chicken Wall Rock Climbing
BETA PHOTO: The Clock Tower. Chicken Wall is on the lower lef...
|2016 Seasonal Raptor Closures - Eagle Rock remains closed MORE INFO >>>|
The Chicken Wall is on the left side of the Clock Tower. There are a number of fun 5.10 to 5.11 face routes here.
Routes from left to right:
1. Chicken Delight 10b, 1p, 50', 7 bolts. Leftmost route on the crag.
2. Rubber Chicken 10c/d, 1p, 50', 7 bolts.
3. Chicken Lips 11-, 1p, 40', 5 bolts.
4. Alfa Chick 11+, 1p, 45', 6 bolts.
5. Chicken Hawk 9, 1p, 45', 6 bolts.
6. Daddy Blocker 10, 1p, 45', 7 bolts. Bulging face. Where the trail meets the crag.
7. Mommy Blocker 9, 1p, 35', 5 bolts.
8. Wessel In The Chicken Coop 9+, 1p, 35', 5 bolts. Near old industrial bolts.
Take a right at the aqueduct trail, then follow a trail up left to the crag. You'll arrive near the route Daddy Blocker.
Climbing Season For the The Clock Tower area.
Weather station 2.1 miles from here
8 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',0],['2 Stars',5],['1 Star',3],['Bomb',0]
Classic Climbing Routes in Chicken Wall
Browse More Rock Climbing Classics in Chicken Wall
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes for Chicken Wall:
Featured Route For Chicken Wall
Alfa Chick 5.11c/d 7a 24 VIII 25 E4 6a CO
: Boulder Canyon
: ... : Chicken Wall
Located on 'The Chicken Wall' of the 'Clock Tower'. Deceptive looking route, which will surprise many people. 4th line from the left, 5th line from the right on this lower wall. Climb easier terrain until the 3rd & 4th bolts where body position will be the key, a great onsight to figure out, drop your weight to the left and use the 1 finger or the sidepull found in a small obvious seam, crank to the lip and pull down. Have fun, a great line. ...[more] Browse More Classics in CO