BETA PHOTO: The Clock Tower. Chicken Wall is on the lower lef...
The Chicken Wall is on the left side of the Clock Tower. There are a number of fun 5.10 to 5.11 face routes here.
Routes from left to right:
1. Chicken Delight 10b, 1p, 50', 7 bolts. Leftmost route on the crag.
2. Rubber Chicken 10c/d, 1p, 50', 7 bolts.
3. Chicken Lips 11-, 1p, 40', 5 bolts.
4. Alfa Chick 11+, 1p, 45', 6 bolts.
5. Chicken Hawk 9, 1p, 45', 6 bolts.
6. Daddy Blocker 10, 1p, 45', 7 bolts. Bulging face. Where the trail meets the crag.
7. Mommy Blocker 9, 1p, 35', 5 bolts.
8. Wessel In The Chicken Coop 9+, 1p, 35', 5 bolts. Near old industrial bolts.
Take a right at the aqueduct trail, then follow a trail up left to the crag. You'll arrive near the route Daddy Blocker.
Weather station 2.1 miles from here
8 Total Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',0],['2 Stars',6],['1 Star',2],['Bomb',0]
Browse More Classics in Chicken Wall
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for Chicken Wall:
Alfa Chick 5.11d 7a 24 VIII 25 E5 6a Sport, 1 pitch
Featured Route For Chicken Wall
Daddy Blocker 5.11a/b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c CO
: Boulder Canyon
: ... : Chicken Wall
Located on 'The Chicken Wall' of the 'Clock Tower', this is just right of "Chicken Hawk". This is the longest route on the wall and gives a couple cruxes. Watch out for the bat shit/piss before pulling the roof at the top. A key hold can be found for reaching the anchors by reaching around the right arete to a large jug. It is a decent route (a little dirty) with many different types of moves. 2 stars. ...[more] Browse More Classics in CO
Local Information for Chicken Wall
Latest Regional Forum Messages