Camping in or near Lyons

By LawHous
From colorado springs, CO
Feb 3, 2014
Rapping before rock pitch of east ridge

Pretty desperate for a place to stay in Lyons. Pretty sure I'm going to be camping for a few days at least. Does anybody know of areas that you could get away setting up a tent?

I realize the floods hit them hard and most legal places to camp are shut down. I'm looking for anything whether it's backcountry or established grounds. I heard you could camp at the fairgrounds at one point, is this still possible? Any info is great, thanks.

By jleining
Feb 4, 2014

take some initiative... check out State Parks in the area...

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Feb 4, 2014
Bocan

a mountainproject search works too

mountainproject.com/scripts/Search?query=camping+lyons

Lots of options, ski hill and ironclads just to start.

By LawHous
From colorado springs, CO
Feb 4, 2014
Rapping before rock pitch of east ridge

jleining wrote:
a 2 second google search retrieved this.... www.bouldercounty.org/os/events/pages/camping.aspx take some initiative... check out State Parks in the area...

Wow thank you for the useless post. Little did you know I had already looked there and if you read more into it you'd discover tent camping is prohibited. Useful posts only please

By goatboy
Feb 4, 2014

Carter Lake north of town has tent camping.

www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/campgrounds.cfm

By Greg D
From Here
Feb 5, 2014
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W. <br />

LawHous wrote:

Don't take him too seriously. He once told me that it was going to be cold the next day. As if he was the only one with access to weather forecasts. Would offer my place but 45 minutes from Lyons in zero traffic.

By jleining
Feb 5, 2014

you're the one who said "I heard you can camp at the fairgrounds...is this still possible" I also told you to look at the nearby state parks.... again take some initiative