Boulder/Denver Beginning Trad Partner Wanted

By jamandbees
From Nederland, Colorado
Sep 7, 2013
I'm new to trad leading. I'm looking for a partner to go out, start working on 5.5 and above trad/mixed leads to get gear placement down and improve our skillsets. Happy to have a partner for sport, too (currently working on getting 5.9 leads clean, happy to follow up to about 5.10a).

I've got rope/gear, and I want to try and make a project out of this. There's easy scrambles in the flatirons, trad from 5.5 and up in Boulder canyon, some great looking 5.5 and up in Eldo, and some real miracles in St. Vrain. Or, we can climb where you prefer to go. Naturally, as confidence in gear placement increases the grades will come.

By Matt Shepard
From Broomfield, CO
Sep 7, 2013
Longs Peak Cirque
when are you available?

By johnsonbrad1
From Golden, Colorado
Sep 7, 2013
gathering the rope after a rap into a canyon.
If you are free Monday or Tuesdays I'm in.

By Matheo
From Boulder
Sep 8, 2013
I'm looking to start working on some Trad also. Lead/follow similar grades and have a small rack. I'm usually available Sun-Tues.

By Eric Klammer
From Boulder, CO
Sep 9, 2013
Heading up the best pitches of the route. Perfect ...
Just a quick shout out to jamandbees. I've climbed with him quite a few times over the past few months and he is a great climbing partner. Very safe, down to try anything and climb anywhere, willing to learn, and knowledgeable with general rope management and rigging. (We climbed a fair amount of multipitch trad and sport) If you're looking for somebody to progress and learn with, get out with him!

By skipioletgirl
Sep 9, 2013
Jamandbees,
I'd be interested in climbing with you. I recently mock lead several routes with guides and was told my placement is "spot on" but I need tons of practice. Do you have any availability on weekdays? I'm off 9/17-23 any day. Will have tons of availability on October (I work shifts).
Send me PM if you're interested.

By jamandbees
From Nederland, Colorado
Sep 9, 2013
Just a note -- I'm going to respond to everyone here by message (including the excellent Eric Klammer, to say thanks for being so damn nice).

Generally, though, I work Monday-Friday 9-5, but can normally leave work up to an hour and a half earlier (unless we're in crunch mode, which happens about once every 2 months).

I'm available all weekend, and if we get along well I'm happy to camp out somewhere on a Friday night to get an early start on Saturday mornings.

By jmbarnes
Sep 10, 2013
Not to bogart Jamandbees thread...but maybe we could get a more open ended safe-solid-climbers-breaking-into-easy-trad group together.

I for one am new to CO, have a very open schedule at the moment and eager to get on the sharp end on gear.

Here's my important info:

Goals: Getting comfy on moderate, multipitch trad. Starting on very easy stuff, and hopefully moving into 5.8/9 rather quickly.
Experience/Current climbing One year of climbing a lot. Leading 5.9+/10- sport. Some multipitch experience, some gear anchor building (mostly for top rope back in Devil's Lake Wisconsin), following/cleaning trad.
Rack Rope, Standard rack up to BD #2 plus some big hexes.
Availability Always until the job hunt ends.
Areas Anywhere in Denver/Boulder.

By mark felber
From Wheat Ridge, CO
Sep 10, 2013
If the weather cooperates, is anyone on this thread interested in getting out Thursday, 9/12? I'm up for any moderate trad in Summit County or Eldo or BoCan.

By jamandbees
From Nederland, Colorado
Sep 12, 2013
Unfortunately, it looks like the weather's being really unpleasant.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far! You're all being awesome!