Shaded and directly off of the road. Currently 8 routes. Thanks to Gordon Rech for the info on this area.
Overview Blindspot is in wadi khab al shamis (back end of wadi bih) aprox 10-15km from where the tar road ends The crag is situated on the right side of the road just after a bend and is only really visible once you have passed it and you see it in your blindspot (hence the name) The development has been ongoing since summer of 2011
Routes In the picture 1. Death slab one - 4 This was originally sparsely bolted on lead by me and Hamad as an access route only but with repeated ascents and now some cleaning and rebolting and Theo putting in the top pitch it actually proven to be a fun mountain meander it consist of a scary traverse above the tree to the first chains (hint the traverse is better if you stay low) The next pitch follows the slab up through a water wash and the last pitch tops you out on the crest. IT can be done in one push with lots of drag but two pitches appears to be the norm bring some long slings to help reduce drag regardless. There are rappel points at each belay and you can rappel from the top to the ground if your using a 70 m rope but if not two rappels will get you down. Caution as there is still some loose rock in places park you car well away from the crag if your climbing this line.
2. Project-? One of the first routes bolted here and still not open with me and Hamad bolting it over 6 months ago and initial thoughts of a summer ascent quickly abandoned, with the temperatures and humidity more respectable we returned and have now been projecting it relentlessly with much frustration and cursing at the gods for over 10 weeks but it will go very shortly…. So watch this space Please note this route is not open yet so please leave it be.
3. Unnamed-7a bouldery start with an awesome sequence in the beginning through the cracks , trend left to a rest ledge and then follow the gulley up with some interesting stemming and tradestinian style back propping at the top to push over to the chains (hint Milk the rest points) because of its traversing nature and steepness you need to use a 60 m to lower off and care should be taken when cleaning the lower draws.
4. Lilly feet-4+ A route that has spilled a lot of blood and tears, opened by Sam after her initial attempts result in a half a dozen stitches, this route does traverse a lot it is better to get someone to second it and clean it rather than trying to clean the draws from above (hint stay left and low to keep out of the choss)
5.Daisy Chain-5+ A more direct line up to the same chains as Lilly feet surprisingly technical crimpy start (hint don’t underestimate the start its knocked some hard climbers on their arse literally)
Not in the picture (from right to left-crag facing )
6. Not completed yet
7. The Strand-4 An easy straight line up a well washed slab big holds (good beginners or post pregnancy first lead )
8. Unnamed route-5 traverse in above hanging lip feature then straight up slab 60 m rope needed
On the right side of the road just around the the right side blind corner.