Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Bitten by Bat?!
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 3 of 3.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Mar 28, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.
David Sahalie wrote:
@jake, If he saves lives, he is probably an ER doc, and they don't make nearly as much money as a gerneal practitioner with a cushy 9-5. They work randon shifts dealing with drug-seekers, low income people with no health insurance, and mangled bodies that would make me hurl and give me nightmares. I understand your frustration with the medical dis-system in the country, but an ER doc is not the problem. It is the pharmacutical companies, the insurance industry and the lobbyists that buy out the governement. It would be like blaming you for the way the Iraqi and Afganistan wars are going.


I understand completely Dave. My original post was probably too vague. I know that not all doctors are greedy bureaucratic monsters. However, I didn't think my initial comment was that bad, and I was a bit put off by Mr. Maino's retort. Thanks for the clarification.

T, no hard feelings. Thanks for fixing people. I never really wanted you to suck balls. I was just saying that out of indignation.

FLAG
By T. Maino
Mar 28, 2013
No worries Jake. I too wore a uniform and spent time deployed with the Marines. You are right in that the compensation in medicine doesn't fit the effort. I just had to bite back given we have baseball coaches being paid 10 times more than the cardiac surgeons that sew veins onto people's hearts. I firmly believe the healthcare crisis is driven by the insurance companies and lack of tort reform. No hard feelings here... the system frustrates us all.

FLAG
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Mar 28, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.
T. Maino wrote:
we have baseball coaches being paid 10 times more than the cardiac surgeons that sew veins onto people's hearts.


I couldn't agree more there. However, people choose to pay ridiculous ticket prices, pay hundreds of dollars for a jersey with some overpaid crybaby's name on it, forty bucks for parking 100 bucks for a couple hotdogs and some beer, etc. They are willingly raped.

The health care system is a little different. Most of us don't have a choice. If I could change the cost by abstaining from Yankees games, I would. I've never really been a fan of conventional sports, and the more ridiculous things get, the more I am glad I'm that way. But I digress. Sorry again for the heated response.

FLAG
By T. Maino
Mar 28, 2013
Jake, I see what you're saying. No hard feelings and thanks for your service. Dave, thanks for the kind words even though I'm not an ER doc. They truly earn their pay.

EricS, you are correct. I am better than you. I can read better than you can. I'm better at math than you are. I'm not passive aggressive like you are. I'm better looking and I smell better. My feet are bigger than yours. My tieping and speling skills are better than yours. Lastly, I'm more modest than you are. Please practice bowing down now. I fully expect a heated reply to this message so please don't disappoint me.

FLAG
By EricSchmidt
Mar 28, 2013
T. Maino wrote:
Jake, I see what you're saying. No hard feelings and thanks for your service. Dave, thanks for the kind words even though I'm not an ER doc. They truly earn their pay. EricS, you are correct. I am better than you. I can read better than you can. I'm better at math than you are. I'm not passive aggressive like you are. I'm better looking and I smell better. My feet are bigger than yours. My tieping and speling skills are better than yours. Lastly, I'm more modest than you are. Please practice bowing down now. I fully expect a heated reply to this message so please don't disappoint me.


OMG LOLZ you spelled tieping and speling wrong!!! LOLOLOLOL

I love how you think you can just call people out like Jake and basically call them worthless when you have no idea who they are or what they have done.... Im surprised you can put those big feet in your mouth! Keep on backpedaling..

FLAG
By TWK
Mar 28, 2013
SchmidtHead has spoken! My ears are still ringing!

You want to hear about a vocation where compensation doesn't match education, training, skill sets, and long shitty hours?

Try veterinary medicine.

FLAG
By T. Maino
Mar 28, 2013
Hey Eric, did you notice that those were the only two misspelled words? Not too bright are you? I guess I have a better sense of humor than you do as well! The trap was set and you stuck your little troll feet right in! I'm finished schooling you for a while... you're boring.

FLAG
By EricSchmidt
Mar 28, 2013
T. Maino wrote:
Hey Eric, did you notice that those were the only two misspelled words? Not too bright are you? I guess I have a better sense of humor than you do as well! The trap was set and you stuck your little troll feet right in! I'm finished schooling you for a while... you're boring.


No, I totally didn't get that you misspelled those two words on purpose.... The previous sentence was sarcasm, which apparently I have to spell out for you because you were to dense to get it the first time.

I would have thought all the LOLZ and LOLOLOLOL would have clued you in.... Shall I draw you a picture next time? Maybe with bright colors and shiny letters so you can understand?

Book smart but apparently no common sense, huh?

FLAG
 
By aaron hope
From Walnut Creek, CA
Mar 28, 2013
Staying Warm on South Face of Washington Column
Are all you guys as angry as this in real life?

FLAG
By TWK
Mar 28, 2013
All hail The SchmidtHead!

FLAG
By JWong
From Los Angeles, California
Mar 28, 2013
Did someone say they saw some bats?
Did someone say they saw some bats?

FLAG
By T. Maino
Mar 28, 2013
Ok. I yield. The doc has been schooled! I'll go back to my realm of teletypes and snail mail!

FLAG
By aaron hope
From Walnut Creek, CA
Apr 19, 2013
Staying Warm on South Face of Washington Column
Final Bill...drumroll please...$48,000!!!! The globulin alone was $35K + ER visit. Each immunization shot was $4,300. I'm not kidding. If you think you need the shot, by all means get it, but SHOP AROUND. You're not going to die immediately...call some different hospitals and get a quote ESPECIALLY if you don't have insurance.

Ok. I'm done whining.

FLAG
By Buff Johnson
Apr 19, 2013
smiley face
You should see the tab for crofab.

FLAG
By Ben Circello
Apr 22, 2013
aaron hope wrote:
Final Bill...drumroll please...$48,000!!!! The globulin alone was $35K + ER visit. Each immunization shot was $4,300. I'm not kidding. If you think you need the shot, by all means get it, but SHOP AROUND. You're not going to die immediately...call some different hospitals and get a quote ESPECIALLY if you don't have insurance. Ok. I'm done whining.


And this is why health care is broken in America. There is absolutely no reason the overhead for services you received was on the same order of magnitude as what was billed out.

FLAG
By Jonathan Dull
From Boone, NC
Apr 22, 2013
Edge of a Dream
Not bitten, however, I did have a bat come out of a crack I was placing a c3 00 in. Those guys can fit anywhere!

FLAG
 
By EricSchmidt
Apr 22, 2013
Ben Circello wrote:
And this is why health care is broken in America. There is absolutely no reason the overhead for services you received was on the same order of magnitude as what was billed out.


I think everyone always realizes that... You going to do anything about it or are ya just here to complain?

FLAG
By Eric G.
Apr 22, 2013
aaron hope wrote:
Final Bill...drumroll please...$48,000!!!! The globulin alone was $35K + ER visit. Each immunization shot was $4,300. . . Ok. I'm done whining.


WHAT?

You have paid for the right to whine as much as you want.

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 3 of 3.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3