Best areas in LCC with snow?

By Tyler W
From Utah
Nov 15, 2012
Scooby Snacks

Now that snow/winter is upon us, what are the best areas in LCC to continue climbing? Also some in BCC?
To clarify, sport climbing in the .10's and .11's.

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
Nov 15, 2012
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Partial thread hijack - also areas with trad up to the low 11s (9s and 10s ideal).

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Nov 15, 2012
The route in it's entirety.

For LCC anywhere from the Bong Eater to the Dragon Arch see's good sun all winter. That about covers both your questions minus the sport climbing stuff.

By Ben Folsom
Nov 15, 2012
Rosco, A fine animal.

For Spurt climbing, the S-Curves can be sunny and nice in the winter. Probably the best stone in the Wasatch too ;)

By Daniel Winder
Nov 16, 2012

Aquaworld/Aqueduct seem warmer, less windy, and drier than s-curves in the winter. The south facing fergies cliffs are decent winter crags too. +1 for bongeater.

By tenesmus
Nov 18, 2012

For both trad and sport, there are many days when Psychobabble and Bumble Bee Wall are dry. Both face due south. The Red Rock Wall should also be good to go when things dry out.

By Shad Williams
From Salt Lake City, UT
Nov 20, 2012
at the top of lazarus in lcc

Thanks for the info. I am planning on checking some of these places out.

By OldManRiver
From Cottonwood Heights, UT
Nov 20, 2012
Red Rock, Cannibal crag

Ben Folsom wrote:

They were nice this weekend..

By kevinhansen
From Albion Idaho
Nov 20, 2012
Why I do it...

I hear Momentum is dry this time of year. Be sure to get yer flu shot, it can be crowded.

By OldManRiver
From Cottonwood Heights, UT
Nov 30, 2012
Red Rock, Cannibal crag

I think Melting Mud Wall in East Hellgate will be enjoyable on sunny days. Good idea to bring wpb hiking boots for the approach and a tarp, but the limestone and all day sun.. that's gotta be a sick contrast to the touron Utardians riding magic carpets and groomers across the canyon.

The altitude works both ways.. colder temps but stronger sun. Pretty sure you can climb there most days with a light fleece layer

By Price
From SLC, UT
Nov 30, 2012

looks like you won't have to worry about snow this year. Cheers!