Approach shoes went missing at Movement

By Shellybee
Feb 5, 2014

I was climbing at Movement Climbing gym in Boulder last night and left with someone else's Women's 5.10 guide tennies because they accidentally or purposefully made off with mine I'm not sure. I am writing this because if some one knows where they are I would be so grateful to have them back. They are only a few months old and the soles are still in great shape. The ones I was left with are very worn and stretched out, looks like they were climbed in a bunch which is great for them but I cannot use them.
I know this is cheesy and probably a long shot but I'm really attached and cannot afford another pair right now. They are just way too big the arches are way off and I'm really bummin. If any one knows anything please let me know their a size 8 8.5 grey guide tennies w grey laces.
( I know that's a popular shoe and size)

Shelly

The approach shoes I left with.
The approach shoes I left with.

By K. Le Douche
Feb 5, 2014
Detox Mountain, Jackson Falls, IL

"LOL this is the most classic example of a first world problem if I ever heard of one."

I don't think you get to use the "first world problem" thing when you live in Boulder and your profile picture is your f#cking picapoo, yorkipoo, or whatever sweater-wearing doggie-poo that thing is...

Just saying, you might be a shithead...

Hope you find your shoes :-)

By Ryan Kempf
From Boulder, CO
Feb 5, 2014
Ryan on the Sharks Fin wishing he was on Mt. Whiteny.

Hahahah... Slayed it!

By MJMobes
From The land of steady habits
Feb 5, 2014
modern man

too many east coast crackheads moving to CO for me

By Allen Sanderson
From Oootah
Feb 5, 2014

Bummer ... I had that happen once with ski poles. I bet someone upgraded themselves. I hope you put up a notice at the gym.

By Shellybee
Feb 5, 2014

Thanks.... I was just giving it a shot didn't mean to insult anyone with my "white girl problem". It still stinks to loose your shoes...

By Shellybee
Feb 5, 2014

I let them know and I was gonna put a flier on the community board just incase! Thanks

By Erik Hopkins
Feb 6, 2014

Hey man are you gonna like find these guys? Any leads on the missing shoes?

By Shellybee
Feb 8, 2014

None I put up a flier at Movement and they took it down. I'm kind of settling with the fact that someone was a total jerk and upgraded their shoes. At least now I know to watch my stuff even around climbers at a Boulder rock gym...

By Shellybee
Feb 8, 2014

Haha yep that short explained it! 😊

By RockinOut
From NY, NY
Feb 8, 2014
Gear

Need approach shoes to get to your indoor climbs? You might as well leave a shiny new 'biner laying around. Are you sure those shoes are from the person that took your shoes? What if someone just lifted your shoes and you just took someone else's.leaving them high n dry without shoes.

By iceman777
From Colorado Springs
Feb 8, 2014

Well I hope you get your shoes back !

But I'm not surprised they got pinched , given the quality of people now a days .

And for a gym to take your flyer down , hmmmmm sounds to me like there condoning this kind of behavior ! Personally I don't care for climbing gyms but if this happened to me I don't think they would get my business anymore, and to top it off I'd make damn good n sure everyone I climbed with knew about it.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Feb 8, 2014
At the BRC

RockinOut wrote:

Your first comment suggests to me that you have no idea what you are talking about and just want to give Shelly an unwarranted hard time.

It has been pretty snowy in Boulder, where the roads often never get plowed, so boots or approach shoes are kind of handy. Plus, parking at Movement sometimes entails a stiff hike from remote lots. Finally, I'm guessing she lost the shoes from the area at the top of the stairs where wet, snowy shoes are typically left so as not to get the gym floor and stadium seats all wet. Not really possible to monitor the area while climbing. And certainly not an act of carelessness to leave them there.

It's possible she took an unrelated person's shoes, but more likely a forced trade, whether accidental or not, hard to say.

Maybe the gym didn't take down the flyer, but another patron? Perhaps the perpetrator?

Are Guide tennies still on sale?

By AST
Feb 8, 2014

RockinOut wrote:

I wear my approach shoes as my every day, go everywhere shoes. I had no idea there were judgmental dildos like you around thinking things like this. Apparently, I was wrong.

By don'tchuffonme
Feb 8, 2014
urrr

I love that name- "RockinOut". Fuck yeah bro. I'm with you man. People that don't wear moccs or flip flops to the gym are posers and have likely never rocked out like us. Keep fighting the good fight, and never stop rockin' out.

loose means not tight shelybe.

By Shellybee
Feb 8, 2014

Hey Rockinout.... I hope that this comment is a joke and if not please don't be a jerk...
Yes I need them! I climb my hardest in them especially on plastic holds in the climbing gym!

No... they are my every day shoes, my back packing shoes my climbing shoes. They are rad and comphy and sorry if that is a lame thing to some people... I don't own 4 pairs of shoes for every occassion.
The shoes were placed right where I left mine and I stop by the desk every time im in Movement to see if anyone asked about it so I did not leave someone shoeless. Im not a jerk so please don't assume that I am. There is no need to give me a hard time!

Thanks to all who have given nice advise. I thought that people especially in the climbing community believed in some type of honor system. its not Movements responsibility to watch my stuff. That was my bad. Im Naieve, oh well. I do not know who took the posting off the board but oh well again I may just post another one and just keep talking about it. I won't "lose" another pair again. :)

keep fightin the good fight...

By Abram Herman
From Golden, CO
Feb 20, 2014
Viking helmet cover, yep.

How does anyone have a problem with this thread? Her shoes got stolen, which sucks, and some peoples' response is to lambaste her for posting about it in hopes of getting them returned? I'm thoroughly confused by some of you people.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Feb 21, 2014
And then you throw for a Gaston, like seriously guys. I onsighted the shit out of Levi's Stadium

t's easy to tell how everyone's work day is going by how dickish their forum posts are.