anyone use the Fish mini-ledge: "One Night Stand"?

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Feb 21, 2012
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

Does any one have any experience with the Fish One Night Stand mini-portaledge? I already read the Fish description on the website.

Can a couple of guys stand on it? This would be used as a belay ledge/seat.

stowed size/weight?

thanks!

EDIT: anyone have one they don't want anymore?

By Will S
From Joshua Tree
Feb 21, 2012

Yeah, I've got one.

Stowed size/weight...this is a broad guess but about 40" long, 6" dia, maybe 7lb-ish. I've had two sitting on it, and one sitting with one standing. Can't imagine two standing would be an issue, but I wouldn't do it a lot...and make sure you have ALL the suspension points engaged, not just the corner ones.

It's a niche product for sure, and works a little better as what you're intending (and why I still have mine) - a belay ledge for working free routes off the deck or in-a-push wall routes with hanging belays. I've slept in it, but being a side sleeper it was hard to arrange the ropebag/footbag so the end pole didn't press on my leg or knee (back sleepers will have no issues), nothing the ridgerest didn't cure but not ideal from a comfort perspective.

Very well made, burly piece of gear.

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Feb 21, 2012

Will S wrote:

excellent!

did it take a while to order one?

By Will S
From Joshua Tree
Feb 21, 2012

These days, I'd just drive down the street and bribe the man with some booze for a quick turnaround. Back when I ordered it I lived in UT and had never met him, got it in a couple weeks. Russ is very good about meeting a "drop dead" date. If you need it by a specific date, you'll get it (unless you're a dick about it, then all bets are off), otherwise you may be waiting around a bit. All that stuff is made to order, there's not warehouse stock sitting around or anything like that.

Full disclosure: The owner is a friend, but I was buying stuff from him for years before we'd ever met.

By John McNamee
From Littleton, CO
Feb 21, 2012
Artist Tears P3

Hey Darren,

Cheers

John

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Feb 28, 2012

John McNamee wrote:
Russ is great to work with. Just be up front and tell him your drop dead date. He has never missed a date for me. Cheers John

I am sure he is when he is around. I have heard nothing but good feedback, however I have the unfortunate timing of needing one when he is still on vacation.

I have decided to go with a custom design by Luke with Runout Customs. psyched.

By brian hess
From Logan, Utah
Feb 29, 2012
....

fyi fish starts production again March 1st. If you still wanted to go with fish

By "Pass the Pitons" Pete Zabrok
From Oakville, Ontario
Mar 27, 2013
Left to right - me, Sam Adams, Thomas Huber, Alex Huber

I'm way more than 500 nights on my Fish Double Ledge. His best product innovation lately is the racking daisies on the outside edge of the ledge. These are extremely handy, and now form a fundamental part to my big wall camping system. One assumes they are available on all his new ledges?

If you don't have them on your ledge, I would definitely recommend you take the thing apart - which is easily done by cutting the shock cord which you can later retie or replace - and sending the bed back to Russ for the retrofit. Once you have those racking daisies on your ledge, you will wonder how you ever camped without them.

Note to Russ - perhaps you have figured out by now that you don't need the daisies on the ends of the ledge...

One day, all ledges will be equipped with racking daisies on the outside edge.